Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boston possible bombing

Program Coordinator
    As this unfolds, does anybody know what effect this will have as a spotter?
    Ideally, none...at least it shouldn't have any effect. Whether it will, and while better than the past Boston tends toward being spotter-wary, remains to be seen.

Look, EVERYONE, ANYONE is suspect ALL the time, you just never know who is the wolf amongst the sheep. To classify and blanket a people is just insane. While you're out looking for the "one type" the real criminal is getting away with it.

Think how many small robberies took place today outside of Boston Ground Zero? Criminals must have been having a field day since NO ONE was gonna come for them...

Anyway, I hate speculating. Once we have all the facts, the truth shall be investigated then. Until then, there is NOTHING to report, so let's not report it. Really, they SHOULD have a report of actual news, and then when there is nothing, go back to regular programming. There has got to be other news happening around the world. Heck, they haven't even given a weather report which is surely actually happening
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

"Sir, I am going to have to confiscate your camera"
    "Why Officer?"
    "Because of the Boston Marathon Bombings, all cameras are suspect"
    "Wait, what?"
    "Yes, you heard me, you must give up your camera"
    "So what about the car I am driving? Aren't you going to check that?"
    "No no need, cars that could be potentially loaded with "_ _ _ _ _" are not suspect, but your camera and your using of it certainly is"
    "[SMH]"
    "Oh, and for good measure, 9/11!!, Yes, 9/11"
    "what do you mean officer?"
    "9/11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or don't you know what's going on?"
    "What about those fishermen there? they are not as suspect as I am? What about their Tackle Box? Certainly they are out here much more than I am"
    "They are just fisherman, a safe hobby. Why would they be up to no good? YOU!, You are definitely suspect with your camera!!"
    "Oh Well, here you go sir. Should I just leave?"
    "You better believe it mister! You are NOT hanging around here"
    "May I go freely somewhere else? Shouldn't I be arrested in case I am actually doing something wrong?"
    "No, go about your business"
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Program Coordinator
    Go BOSTON!!

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    To classify and blanket a people is just insane.
    Absolutely agree with you, but it is still what the masses do after being brainwashed by the media for 2 straight days. Five years from now, ask anyone around here what they'll remember from today: "bombing, manhunt, foreigners, america prevails". I can't believe how many times I've heard the word "ethnic/ethnicity" on TV today, from Fox News to CNN... What kind of effin' difference does that make?

I won't be picking on America alone though, the media in my own country do the exact same. And to think that I wanted to be a journalist as a kid...

Perfectly said manny, throughout school yesterday i was watching it live yesterday on my phone. NONSTOP 10 HOURS THEY JUST REPEATED THE SAME S**T. NO COMMERCIAL BREAKS FOR 8 HOURS STRAIGHT?? UNHEARD OF!! Manny said it well, they ask the most absurd questions.
    "hold on dave, hold on....can you tell us what type of helicopter is flying over you, what do you think that means?" WHAT KIND OF HELICOPTER DO YOU THINK IT IS, A TOURIST HELICOPTER FLYING OVER?? Dumb news media.
    Probably the youngest spotter ever to walk up the face of the mounds.
    Jared B. -Boces Aviation Ops Student, Jericho NY

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Blech View Post
    "hold on dave, hold on....can you tell us what type of helicopter is flying over you, what do you think that means?" WHAT KIND OF HELICOPTER DO YOU THINK IT IS, A TOURIST HELICOPTER FLYING OVER?? Dumb news media.
    Today Wolf was interviewing the Chief of Watertown PD who was telling him how they used the infrared from the helicopter to see the hidden perp!! Wolf was like "yes isnt it great that the government sent one of their helicopters with that high-tech equipoment"!! Duh, Mass SPD Air Unit copter with its FLIR which at this point is common to all LE aircraft!!

Now that the dust from this is beginning to settle, I wanted to post a couple links.

To say it's ironic that a photographer supplied the first decent pictures of the bombing suspects is quite the understatement. So the next time someone gives you any guff about taking pictures in the name of 9/11, give them printouts of the following:

http://photofocus.com/2013/04/23/the...oston-bombing/

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/l...s-of-suspects/

He also seems to be a Nikon shooter, which makes the story even better

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    He also seems to be a Nikon shooter, which makes the story even better
    Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then... :-)
    LOL!