Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Planespotting at TTN?

As someone who regularly photographs at both Philly and JFK, I have to agree that JFK is tops...it just gets the best and most interesting traffic. No telling when you'll be standing there and an Il-96 flies by. Well, no telling for me, but others here are better at interpreting ACARS and flightaware, keeping abreast of important events like presidential visits and UN meetings, and using smartphones for real-time flight updates. I check flightaware before leaving the house and I have a scanner but that's it.

That said, PHL does get its share of interesting traffic(NASA Super Guppy, An-124's, F-18's, CV-340's, C-130's, AF1)

whose CV340? I used to fly them into PHL occasionally in the late 90's for Contract Air Cargo, once we parked right next to the Antonov,in the shadow of its tailfeathers actually, I loved flying the Convair !!!
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

Thanks for the tips. Soon I will head out to JFK and do some spotting :)

BTW, could you guys please tell me some good places to do planespotting and the security?

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    For JFK locations, check out the "official" NYCA Spotting Guide Here. All of the locations listed there are commonly used and wll give you some excellent shots.

All of the locations at JFK are off airport property, so airport security isn't really an issue. Occasionally the cops show up to check us out (not that we are doing anything wrong, but taking pictures of planes scares some people and they call it in), though to be honest it has yet to happen to me. Typically around JFK they will just check your ID and be on their way. Check your PMs for a few more things to be aware of.

Dress appropriately for the weather. Several of the spotting locations are right on the water, and the rest aren't far away from it.
    Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

Thank you mldoc =) You seem to be so helpful and kind here! Everyone must like you! I will use that guide and go to the places. Thanks so much again =)

you know for the fun of it. LGA would be a great practice of planespotting as well, LGA has so/so good traffic but often u see more regional stuff mostly DL and AE. LGA very often has speacial schemes come. Ill be out at JFK very often as well as LGA, if u ever come out u can PM me. LGA doesnt have alot of sec issues although same as JFK, cops will sometimes show up, check your ID and be on their way
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Quote Originally Posted by 727C47 View Post
    whose CV340? I used to fly them into PHL occasionally in the late 90's for Contract Air Cargo, once we parked right next to the Antonov,in the shadow of its tailfeathers actually, I loved flying the Convair !!!
    The FAA flies calibration flights into PHL with them, and not too long ago Honeywell brought theirs in from Michigan I think. Paul K got it:

Thanks everyone! Soon I will head out to LGA or JFK or PHL to check out some planes...thanks!