Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What if?...(an AMR thread)

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    LOL Me either. I'd rather have them fill the plane with shirtless guys. LOL
    I don't know I remember that guy who tried to sue to be a Hooters girl and he wasn't that attractive.

The end of the day is AA isn't going anywhere.
    More so they will become a force. If they get the unions in line, new fleet and some good management they will kick butt. Without having to merge with anyone.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

The first round of moves on American's part have been made. They just rejected the leases on 35 narrow bodies. Mostly MD-83's and a handful of Fokker 100's that they were still paying lease on.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Here's a very good read on AA's Chapter 11 filing. Really puts things into perspective and dispels many of the rumors.

http://www.aviationplanning.com/Imag...%20Reality.pdf

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76 View Post
    Here's a very good read on AA's Chapter 11 filing. Really puts things into perspective and dispels many of the rumors.

http://www.aviationplanning.com/Imag...%20Reality.pdf
    Good find. My favorite part There is not much market for used MD-80s, and it is likely that any
    pressure to reduce lease payments would be successful

Ya think?

Basically that analysis used a lot of fancy words to say what everyone knew. AA was like GM. Being crippled by a union and unfunded pension whose cost to fly people was higher than everyone else. While having to match low fares with airlines that already declared bankruptcy and shed the dead wood and were now stronger than AA was.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol