Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9.3-4.2011 NAS Pax River Air Expo 2011

Jaw-dropping, absolutely jaw dropping. Great work Chris.

Thank You Very much !
    Living The Dream...

Chris,

Cracking shots!

We ended up just doing the Saturday as the F-35 wasn't even static - couldn't believe the total no-show. Even good ol' Frank Drebben on the comms kept telling us all to go check it out.

Sunday we went to Dover museum and BWI for the afternoon instead.

yee F-35 was big disappointment.... But I believe that soon I will show some pictures of F-35 here :) How was Dover?? I live mayb e an hour from Dover base I go there sometimes to see whats going on, You can spot from the museum and catch (sometimes) VC-25 practicing missed approach Touch and Go or Go Around :) never had a chance to spot ant BWI.
    Living The Dream...

Chris,

Dover was very cloudy but worth a visit for us Brits.

The aircraft are mainly transports ranging from C118, C-123, C-133 up to C-130, KC-97 and couple of Starlifters.

Most interesting for us were the F-101 and F-106 from Dover's days as a fighter base.

THere were four Kalitta Charter Dassault Falcons easily viewable and the line of C-5s and C-17 could be read with a 400mm lens. There were also freighters from Southern, Atlas and Tower Air.

We were there for about 90 mins and no military aircraft moved but you can easily see movements on both runways from the museum.

BWI had lots of Southwest B737s. Viewing is possible from a park at the eastern end of the airfield, but we arrived just as they switched. We went to the observation gallery between concourse B and C. It's behind glass, but you will see most stuff that lands. We missed some of the Jazz Dash 8 and the regionals which used the other runway.