Thread: TSA Tomfoolery continues, now at Shenanigan levels!

TSA Tomfoolery continues, now at Shenanigan levels!

I fear we may see bulldashery levels by the end of the summer if not sooner....

http://consumerist.com/2011/06/chef-...n-his-bag.html

The chef here is pretty stupid to...

As much as I dislike the TSA, just because someone states they put one over the Man, doesn't mean they actually did it. It doesn't make sense that a chef who seems to know TSA/FAA rules about carrying knives on board, would risk having very expensive and very personal objects confiscated by security. As well as possibly being detained for questioning.
    Spotters have been Homeland Security before HS was a glimmer in the president's eye.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Tomfoolery, bulldashery and shenanigans?

Sounds like you're spending way too much time on Fire Island, ye ole scallywag!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

I'm just amazed that people actually think of the articles that "The Consumerist" write as credible.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Quote Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
    I'm just amazed that people actually think of the articles that "The Consumerist" write as credible.
    They must be...they're on the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
    Why not? Simply becuase an outlet for information has a tounge and cheek way of delivering information makes them less credible then say the NYT? The Consumerist has brought a good many stories to light of what companies do that screw over the consumer and public.

Maybe because there is no apparent attempt at independent research or verification on their stories. The article you posted was entirely the result of something posted on Twitter. But unfortunately, that all too often passes for "journalism" these days.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Maybe because there is no apparent attempt at independent research or verification on their stories. The article you posted was entirely the result of something posted on Twitter. But unfortunately, that all too often passes for "journalism" these days.
    Couldn't have said it better myself Moose. Also, their articles seem extremely one-sided.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Jon they take stories from consumers who have been screwed over by companies and post their stories in hopes the company will take action and most times the companies do. I'm sorry they don't stack up to your definition of "journalism".

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    If the Consumerist passes as journalism, then my FB page is the Robert Murdock empire.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Isn't this more of a FlyerTalk Topic?
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway View Post
    Isn't this more of a FlyerTalk Topic?
    You really don't like that site do you?