Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JFK 4/10/11

Great stuff Manny!!! Wish I could have jointed you guys at Bayswater, but I had stuff to do for work while I was playing around with my new toy! I haven't tried it on the full-frame yet (maybe this weekend if the weather cooperates). I need to slap my 1.4 and 1.7 converters to see how it fairs. So far on the DX body under less than desirable conditions I think the 300mm f/4 shined (I just wish it had VR on it).

When I departed this morning from JFK, I noticed that Airbus A320 (correction A318) was still sitting by the old TWA hanger (which I believe they are slowing starting to demolish).
    Last edited by Zee71; 2011-04-11 at 05:53 PM.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Mark,

You don;t need VR on that lens... it is so light and easy to handhold... above 1/500th sec it is not gonna need VR anyway. Under that, I'd use a monopod... The optics are stellar!

The A320? You mean the special I shot at the end? It is an A318 luxury jet I think. It was listed as a AC/DC Band Tour jet some time back...

And the demolition is for a brand new Spotting Deck for RWY13R/31L for NYCAviation, didn't you know?
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Yeah.....I kind of figured that no VR is needed, and it is very very lights compared to the 80-400mm lens. I saw that luxury jet out of the corner of my eyes as I was heading to JFK to catch my flight out early this morning. There was no chance in hell me getting a shot of the that considering where it was parked (I might have been able to get it if we were taking off on 13R, but we took off on RWY 22R.

Manny........the spotting deck was supposed to be kept under the wraps until the NYC Aviation logo went up...........now the whole forum knows!!!! :P
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Gorgeous shots of the Iberia, Manny. Thanks for the dedication. :)

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    VR doesn't do anything for objects that are moving. You are better off with faster lens and bumping up the ISO a litlte and using a monopod. Much better results. You will be happy Mark if we ever see the sun again.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Mark,
    The A320? You mean the special I shot at the end? It is an A318 luxury jet I think. It was listed as a AC/DC Band Tour jet some time back...
    You are absolutly right about the A318 - AC/DC visited Denmark last summer. They played one concert in Horsens I think.

The Royal Danish Airforce was doing airshow same day, so the concert was a no go for me..

Anyway - here is the plane in Billund in Denmark

http://foto.icebox.dk/fly/2010-06-05_EKBI/

Nice shots all!

Just out of curiosity, did anyone catch N382DA departing 13R on 4/10? If so, that was me going back to ATL!
    Check out my jetPhotos collection
    Check out my jetVideos collection

NLovis
    Quote Originally Posted by kc2aqg View Post
    Nice shots all!

Just out of curiosity, did anyone catch N382DA departing 13R on 4/10? If so, that was me going back to ATL!
    I was around JFK but on my turf and wasnt doing dep. Sry man.