Thread: PVD 4/6/2011

PVD 4/6/2011

Here's a few from up here in southern New England from today. The light wasn't the best this afternoon when I got to the airport. It was sunny when I left work, but as soon as i got to the field the clouds rolled in.

I got up extra early this morning to head over to PVD to catch the UPS 757 and the FedEx 727. The FedEx was running late and I didn't have time to wait for her. Next time.

Here's a few from the morning:

Here's a few from after work (like I said above, light was terrible)

Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Love that early morning light Steve. And that first SW is an awesome look.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Thanks Manny. I found a new spot there for when they are on runway 34 in the morning. Wish I could have seen an arrival or two from that spot, but they ended up switching to runway 23. I would have gotten some more departures from another new spot I found for 23 had I brought something to stand on to be able to clear the fence. I'll be trying that out on Saturday morning.

The UPS and the SW head-on are my two favorites.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

Steve, don;t you have a Pickup Truck? If it were me, I'd weld steps on the bed and a small platform on the roof of the cab... permanently! lol... At Van Nuys, I dented in the roof of a Ford Expedition we rented (work) and later kicked it back from the inside :-)
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Nice stuff Steve ... I am with Manny on the SW ... Sweeeet shot !
    Kaz T

My Photos:

JetPhotos
    KT Images NY

Thanks Kaz!

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Steve, don;t you have a Pickup Truck? If it were me, I'd weld steps on the bed and a small platform on the roof of the cab... permanently! lol... At Van Nuys, I dented in the roof of a Ford Expedition we rented (work) and later kicked it back from the inside :-)
    I took most of those shots from the bed of my truck yesterday since it gave me a little more elevation to get a better view over the fence. And actually the first time I ever went spotting shortly after I got the new camera setup i dented in the roof of the truck. I am actually going to go to Home Depot tomorrow and get some stuff to make a platform in the bed of the truck to put my feet level with the top of the bed, if not a little higher

If I still worked where I used to I would be "borrowing" the moveable stairway they have. Would easily add an extra 6 feet of height to the bed of the truck.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net