Thread: still need help posting photos

Unhappy still need help posting photos

Hi everyone, sorry to ask again but I still need some help on learning how to post photos on this forum. I got them up on flickr/nycaviation but from there I don't know how to do it. gonzalu sent me this:

@vaca05, you can post like you just did :-) Since you have 5 posts under your belt, what makes you think you can't? You just need your images on a hosting site and then just link the JPG using
    Code:

[IMG][/IMG]

tags

but I am still getting. Not to good with computers. So any help would be great cause I really do enjoy this forum and want to share my photos with you all.
    Thanks very much.
    Larry

Larry- I've been having that problem too. I post on dropshots and copy the url's of the individual photos, paste that in-between the IMG things and still nothing. So, not sure what's happening there.

What you put in between the [img] tags has to be the direct link to the photo. As a general example, anything in between the [img] tags has to end with .jpg or it won't work. Don't put the link of the page of the photo, put the photo.

For example, megatop, take your Turkish 777 shot at http://www.dropshots.com/lensjet#dat...11-09/16:27:40

You can't put that link between the [img] tags, as it's not the exact .jpg file. However, if you click it, a pop up will come up with the page address of http://www.dropshots.com/zoom.html?l...9/b_162740.jpg

^ THAT ^ is the required link for [img] tags. HOWEVER, that is not a forum appropriate forum size. The max width allowed is 1200px. If you would like to post, you have to resize your photos first.

Also, this thread would be more appropriate under "Site Related".

Ahhh got it now, thank you sir, I will do just that, muchas gracias