Thread: Delta Unveils New JFK Terminal Design Plans: Image Gallery

Post Delta Unveils New JFK Terminal Design Plans: Image Gallery

NYCAviation:
    Delta Unveils New JFK Terminal Design Plans: Image Gallery

Delta Air Lines today unveiled a $1.2 billion project to transfer its international operation to Terminal 4 at John F. Kennedy International Airport by 2013.

[Click to Read Full Article]
    Last edited by Matt Molnar; 2010-08-11 at 04:01 PM.

Is it just me or is it silly that domestic pax connecting to/from intl flights might have to walk literally almost a mile? I know a lot of airlines have similar setups in a lot of airports, but that doesn't seem like progress.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

This is a shat plan hands down..... Instead of increasing the amount of terminal space for the future they are removing T3 and not replacing it... Also not sure if I missed it but was there mention of redoing T2? T2 makes T3 look like a palace. Oh and yes that walkway is just dumb. I bet the boys at B6 and AA are sitting back and laughing as these improvements won't even come close to what T5 and T8 offer customers.

I just can't get over the idea of lengthening the concourse like that...why not go laterally and build a 3rd concourse at least? It's not like the T3 removal is yielding all that much ramp space anyway.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

It does seem like a bit of wasted space. Maybe they can do some remote stands for the CRJs rather than clog up the T2 gates. I wonder if they are going to have all flights check in at Terminal 4 vs Terminal 2.

Is there going to be room for the other International airlines currently using T4?
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

This Kean/Cuomo all over again. I have no doubt that the NY/NJPA and its respective states want to destroy everything historical and aesthetic about JFK.
    Spotters have been Homeland Security before HS was a glimmer in the president's eye.