Page 211 of 221 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Does Trump still have his Sikorsky S-76? Havent seen it around in a long time!! Last summer it was a pretty regular visitor over by Atlantic at FRG.
    Just watching CNN and Trump is in Scotland and he was getting off his S-76 helicopter!! Lighter coloring, still has TRUMP on the tail boom but its now registered in the United Kingdom as G-TRMP.
    Wonder if its the same Sikorsky he used here or a different one he uses when visiting the UK.

Wonder if its the same Sikorsky he used here or a different one he uses when visiting the UK.
    Not to hijack this group to the Donald but N76DT just landed at the Iowa State Fair which answers my question. Carry on FRG.

The C-47A "Whiskey 7", the D-Day veteran, arrived at FRG this evening for the AAM Labor Day Weekend Event.
    Here's the AAM Event flyer:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    The C-47A "Whiskey 7", the D-Day veteran, arrived at FRG this evening for the AAM Labor Day Weekend Event.
    I was out walking on the track at the middle school and saw it fly right over me!! Runway One Four runs right past the school!!

Looks like we will probably still get hockey charters at FRG!! Islanders announced they bought out the Twin Rinks in Eisenhower Park and will be using that as their new training facility!! Beautiful facility (both my sons play in an adult hockey league there) that had gone bankrupt!! Wang to the rescue!!

Are they using swift again this year? What is the likely hood that the other teams will fly to FRG as opposed to another airport closer to the Barclays?
    Looks like we will probably still get hockey charters at FRG!! Islanders announced they bought out the Twin Rinks in Eisenhower Park and will be using that as their new training facility!! Beautiful facility (both my sons play in an adult hockey league there) that had gone bankrupt!! Wang to the rescue!!

Quote Originally Posted by sdspinelli2 View Post
    Are they using swift again this year? What is the likely hood that the other teams will fly to FRG as opposed to another airport closer to the Barclays?
    Not sure if the Islanders are using Swift again this year, but most NBA teams who visit the Barclays Center use Newark Airport
    and I would think most of the visiting NHL teams will do the same this year. The Islanders will probably use Newark if they are
    traveling right after a home game and Republic whenever they fly back home or travel after practice on an off day.

With Cablevision being sold to French-israeli telecom group Altice I wonder what is store for their Flight Dept which hangars at FRG!! The owner of Altice already has hinted at changes and is known for sending in teams of executives after an acquisition to cut costs and it seems like in any sale/merger the flight dept is first to get hit!! Dolan will continue to keep hold of MSG and AMC so he'll probably keep at least one of the Sikorskys and G-IV. Stay tuned!!

Quote Originally Posted by sdspinelli2 View Post
    The Islanders are using Swift Air again this year and they are scheduled to depart FRG
    today around noon for their preseason game up in Halifax, Nova Scotia this evening.
    http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWQ2601

The Islanders are using Swift Air again this year and they are scheduled to depart FRG
    today around noon for their preseason game up in Halifax, Nova Scotia this evening.
    Missed that but looked like NetJets was having some type of luncheon/seminar by the Atlantic Terminal!!

Not sure if the Islanders are using Swift again this year, but most NBA teams who visit the Barclays Center use Newark Airport
    and I would think most of the visiting NHL teams will do the same this year. The Islanders will probably use Newark if they are
    traveling right after a home game and Republic whenever they fly back home or travel after practice on an off day.
    So watching the 3rd period of last nights Islander game and one of the announcers said the two teams (Chicago being the other) would have a jet race back to Chicago after the game for tonites game!! Chicago would be flying out of Newark and the Islanders would fly out of JFK.

So watching the 3rd period of last nights Islander game and one of the announcers said the two teams (Chicago being the other) would have a jet race back to Chicago after the game for tonites game!! Chicago would be flying out of Newark and the Islanders would fly out of JFK.
    Yeah, the Blackhawks actually flew from EWR to ORD and the Islanders flew from JFK to MDW early this morning.
    http://flightaware.com/live/flight/S...300Z/KEWR/KORD
    http://flightaware.com/live/flight/S...345Z/KJFK/KMDW

The Islanders are scheduled to fly back later tonight from MDW to FRG also.
    http://flightaware.com/live/flight/S...400Z/KMDW/KFRG

USMC AH-1 Cobra flew in yesterday around 3:15 and parked at Sheltair. Heard that wonderful "Huey" sound as it passed by my neighborhood!!

A few from this morning on the Main Terminal ramp

Last edited by MikeO; 2015-10-26 at 10:10 AM.

Nice catch !! Heard the Growler should be departing in the morning