Page 149 of 221 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Yep, thats about right. Its been buzzing overhead and I caught a glimpse through our skylight.

Love that its here to stay. I liked the F14, but the Ea6 and A6s, they are the ugly ducklings that I love.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Looked great and was wonderful that it did a few passes.

http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by puckstopper55 View Post
    It didnt head over to the AAM right away though. Not sure where it went.
    They went down the south end to burn off fuel, so they wouldn't have to run engines too long near SheltAir.

Quote Originally Posted by puckstopper55 View Post
    It arrived about 12:07. 2 fly-by's, followed by a high speed pass, then a touch and go, one more high speed pass, and then landing. It didnt head over to the AAM right away though. Not sure where it went.
    I need to retire. I'm missing all this good stuff working.

BTW anything good coming in to pick up the four airman who flew this bad boy in?

A few more from today...

So here's the deal, boys and girls...sometime Sunday (afternoon or into the evening) a large, four-engined jet, owned by a well known Sweathog, will be arriving at FRG. It will have its vintage red and white paint scheme temporarily covered with a vintage blue and white scheme. It should be at the airport all week, while a bunch of people run around, point cameras at it, and recite dialogue. If you look closely, the airport might have a strong resemblance to Cuba from a few months ago...
    Phantom II - The World's Largest Distributor of MiG Parts!

Holy crap is that suggestive. I would like to end the conversation here is this info is not for public release. Any discussions should not be on a public forum. Sorry to be the bad guy
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    Holy crap is that suggestive. I would like to end the conversation here is this info is not for public release. Any discussions should not be on a public forum. Sorry to be the bad guy
    I've already seen it posted in several places. Its not much of a secret.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

I understand but I am in the know and it is suppose to be hush hush.. I needed to state that and I am glad that the person posting did not know more or post what he knew. From being how round about the statement was I do believe he did know more but do not want this talked about in an open forum as it is not for public release... What I want and what happens are obviously two different things but I had to speak up as I want to ask politely for those in the know to not release private information.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    I understand but I am in the know and it is suppose to be hush hush.. I needed to state that and I am glad that the person posting did not know more or post what he knew. From being how round about the statement was I do believe he did know more but do not want this talked about in an open forum as it is not for public release... What I want and what happens are obviously two different things but I had to speak up as I want to ask politely for those in the know to not release private information.
    Well unless the post is deleted the "cat is out of the bag" as they say. Also even if you arent a regular on here its pretty obvious what he was talking about.
    I mean it wasnt THAT roundabout.

I've heard this from multiple sources, some of them are actual officials in various respects, and have been told it is not exactly a secret. I've gotta be honest, I have no intention of hiding it. How often do people get to see a Pan Am 707 in the air?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by eric8669 View Post
    I've already seen it posted in several places. Its not much of a secret.
    Where?

Fred you do a lot for us but I have learned it's better to not even give out the info if it is sensitive. I took a lot of heat from spotters in the LA area because I only gave a 30 min heads up about 388LS but when it comes to people's jobs I err on the side of caution. People in this hobby have proven they won't keep it private and feel it's their right so only way to be sure is to keep it to yourself. I don't know how sensitive your source is but some of mine could lose their jobs so discretion is 100%.

I will say I don't know who Phantom is but once you post it in a public forum you can't ask for it to be private. The cat is basically out of the bag.

I've heard this from multiple sources, some of them are actual officials in various respects, and have been told it is not exactly a secret. I've gotta be honest, I have no intention of hiding it. How often do people get to see a Pan Am 707 in the air?
    Sounds like the info isn't that sensitive then. Then again if it was I doubt it would find it's way on the net. Like I said you have to know your sources. As for seeing a PA 707 in person, it's pretty rare sight to see an airborne Tristar too but you don't see me broadcasting it if I get a heads up. Remember to think of the big picture and not just yourself. Even though it's a longshot, people's jobs could be in jeapordy if you get a VIP that is anal about that stuff.
    Last edited by NIKV69; 2011-10-22 at 04:13 PM.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    OMG Phil SHUT THE HECK UP!!!!! Men in black suits will be visiting soon.
    Actually I think it was all a plan by Fred to keep us all away so he can get exclusive picture rights. And beat Moose to the punch!!

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    Where?
    THere was a post on this board earlier this week alluding to a possible 707 coming to FRG with a link to the "Vintage Warbirds" website Forum. People involved in the "Project" it is being used for were inquiring where they could get one quickly for the shoot. There was plenty of discussion about airworthy 707s and the one that is coming in tomorrow was talked about though
    at the time i read it that one was nNOT confirmed. Not sure which Thread I saw it on but it was on this board.