Page 96 of 221 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

Re: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

The 2 Navy F-18s left yesterday afternoon at 3:40. Nice departure off 3-2 :D
    The back-up CF-18 blasted out off Runway 1 a little after Noon yesterday. :)

I hung around until 12:00PM and the canopy was still up on the CAF-18. Unfortunately I had to leave.
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by fk6065
    I hung around until 12:00PM and the canopy was still up on the CAF-18. Unfortunately I had to leave.
    Blasted off 1-9 around 2:25. :)
    Beautiful day with a wind that kept it from getting too hot. The Fortress and the Douglas were flying and I
    caught them landing 1-4. Had a few hours to kill so I set up in the movie lot with my beach chair and a
    Wendys Bacon Deluxe Double :D and watched the arrivals and caught some rays. 8)

Here is a short teaser of the CF-18 departing today... I probably should have set up a tiny bit closer but it's a view I've been wanting to get for a while...

I love all the car alarms in the background!

Great hanging with you guys today!
    EVERYONE IS THERE TO SEE THE SHERPA!

That looks - and sounds - very familiar! Nice work, Steve!

anyone know what all of the construction in / around the airport is for? I think I remember reading something a while back that they had to make the runways longer, or move them ... in the same article they mentioned having to relocate the AAM. Is this what all of that is?

Steve,
    AWESOME job with the video of the CF-18 departing yesterday !!!! :borat:
    It was great seeing you over at FRG yesterday catching all the action there !! :D

Quote Originally Posted by puckstopper55
    anyone know what all of the construction in / around the airport is for? I think I remember reading something a while back that they had to make the runways longer, or move them ... in the same article they mentioned having to relocate the AAM. Is this what all of that is?
    They are relocating the "B" taxiway, and then will be reallocating the 1/19 runway, in effect, moving it northbound approximately 1000 feet. The taxiway was too close to 1/19 for two large aircraft. One on the taxiway & 1 on the runway, did not leave enough safety clearance. So they are relocating "B" westward by approximately 100 feet. The south end of the field is completed (south of the terminal) and they plan to have the north end done by the end of this summer. Read more about it here:
    http://www.republicairport.net/Taxiway- ... roject.htm

Work then shifts to moving 1/19 northbound approx 450 feet to give runway 19 an overrun area before Rte 109. They are not lengthening the runway, just adding the safety area. Again you can read about it here:
    http://www.republicairport.net/Relocati ... roject.htm

The last airshow arrival will be tomorrow on Wed at 10:30am and again at 4:30pm

C-130 will be in for the arrester gear

(last weeks shot of her)
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

One of me in the T-6
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

NLovis

Seems like you had fun derf. I just spent $54 on blurry crap :x

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    Quote Originally Posted by puckstopper55
    They are relocating the "B" taxiway, and then will be reallocating the 1/19 runway, in effect, moving it northbound approximately 1000 feet. The taxiway was too close to 1/19 for two large aircraft. One on the taxiway & 1 on the runway, did not leave enough safety clearance. So they are relocating "B" westward by approximately 100 feet. The south end of the field is completed (south of the terminal) and they plan to have the north end done by the end of this summer. Read more about it here:
    http://www.republicairport.net/Taxiway- ... roject.htm

Work then shifts to moving 1/19 northbound approx 450 feet to give runway 19 an overrun area before Rte 109. They are not lengthening the runway, just adding the safety area. Again you can read about it here:
    http://www.republicairport.net/Relocati ... roject.htm
    Thanks for the info. I read, and confirmed the demolishing (and hopefully re-building) of the AAM. Hopefully it all works out.

"The RSA relocation project can only be accomplished with the removal of the existing Hangar 2 (currently being leased by SheltAir), Hangar 3 (existing American Air Power Museum), and the associated aircraft aprons and taxiways/lanes."

Fred, Great "Self Potrait" Thanks for posting the info on the C-130.

The RI ANG C-130 arrived just after 10:30AM taxied over to the main terminal, dropped the rear door, loaded up never shutting down her engines and then took right back off by 11:00AM

Landing on 32

Taxi down runway 32

Taxi to terminal

Taking off on 14

Wheels up & we're out of here!

http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

The 130 is back at FRG. At the Main Terminal right now.

Same thing, loading up, not shuttting down.

Should be gone in 10min.

*Update*

ROADY 32 is outta here!
    EVERYONE IS THERE TO SEE THE SHERPA!