Page 89 of 221 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31

Re: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

The Blue Angels brought 8 to Andrews last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedDemon88X
    Do I count 13 Hornets based at Republic this weekend? Mind you I just failed Math so there's a good chance I'm wrong :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo
    The Blue Angels brought 8 to Andrews last weekend.
    I help kick him while he is down :lol:

(they usually have 7 when they come to NYC but ya never know!)

P.S. I feel bad... I have a lot to offer this thread with pictures but am going to let it go as I have too many Tucker shots to edit....SORRY :(

I will post 1 for now

Being packed up to ship to Times Square for 1 day Promo for the air races...will be disassembled tomorrow night and reassembled for air show!!! I wish I had more time to post but time for bed!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by Derf
    I could not tell you where the USMC Hornets are coming from, I can only tell you that they were told to make room for 4. As always, airshow is a fluid operation and always changing and rarely calm. I am only saying what I was told.... Never know what will happen!!! :borat:

Unless the Hornets plan on flying cross country from MCAS Miramar they will be coming from MCAS Beaufort in SC. This is the same base from which the 3 Hornets from VFA-86 that visited last week are attached. VMFA-115, VMFA-122, VMFA-251, VMFA-312, VMFA(AW)-224 & VMFA(AW)-533 are the resident units from MAG-31. There are a few squadrons down there that have some nice hi-viz markings. I'm hoping the Werewolves of VMFA-115 make the trip. Hate to speculate, but I honestly would not be surprised if 2 of these Hornets end up being Harriers from MCAS Cherry Point.

Going to be a great weekend either way! :D :D :D
    +++++1970-2006+++++
    Tomcats Forever, Baby!

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    The two largest I've personally seen are the 757 - actually a USAF C-32 flying as Air Force 1 - along with the C-17 that brings the Thunderbirds team gear in for the airshow.

And while I never saw it myself, friends who worked for Fairchild-Republic back when they were building A-10s tell of the time a C-5 dropped in to FRG, back in the mid-70s.

Was that actually Air Force 1, or just painted like it for a movie or photo op? Also, its hard to believe that the FRG runway could support the weight of a C-17, much less a C-5.

I looked up the C-5 take off distance and it says about 8400ft. With FRG only having about 6500ft, that must have been really close, or one hell of a rocket show.

Actually, I just found a link (http://www.ktb.net/~billmeco/burc5a.html) that shows photos and tells a story of a C-5 taking off of a 6800ft runway to help transport F-117 parts from Burbank to Palmdale. Maybe with a light load it can be done.

Yes, that really was AF1 - President Bush made a campaign visit to LI during the 2004 election campaign. The USAF's 89th Airlift Wing out of Andrews operate 4 C-32s for VIP travel.

I don't have the FRG runway weight bearing data handy - only info I see published online is for single or dual wheel, and with the multi-wheel landing gear on the C-17 and C-5, they will have higher limits. And don't forget, take off distance is dependent on aircraft weight - those guys weren't going out at max T/O weight. In fact, I remember when they departed last year, the Thunderbirds were headed to Colorado, I believe, but the C-17 was going to make a fuel stop at McGuire first, as they had a light fuel load to get in and out of FRG.

AF1 as a VC25 would be one heck of a sight at FRG. Sadly, it will never happen. Due to the weight of the airplane as well as taxiway turn limits that airplane would never make it. Runway length is usually not an issue for the VC25 though. On September 11th, 2001 SRQ had 7,000 feet of available length and AF 1 was off before the intersection at 4/22 which is approx 3800 feet or sdo when departing on 32 at that time.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Another update....Changes as usual
    Now being told
    2-A10's
    2 CF-18s
    1 USMC F-18
    1 Navy F-18
    T-6 Texan II
    C-17 will be parked by D&K
    EA-6B Prowler
    and a partridge in a pear tree

of course that is not including the stunt jobbies, B-17, Museum Aircraft or the Dark little bugs.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

WIN WIN WIN!!!!
    :borat: :borat: :borat:

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

Fred do you have an ETA for those planes?
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

this week?

this week?
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

A few from today. Not really too happy with my colors, I have been playing with them all week and just can't seem to get them right. Plus the where I was the sun was not my friend.

This guy short taxied and took off

I think someone from Ch 7 ABC TV went up on this flight

Ed Hammil and the Bethpage BI Plane went up for a trip

http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Just came back from FRG, Sean Tucker was on a media flight and came back around 3:45, it was cool seeing him show off his new plane.
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Now being told
    2-A10's
    2 CF-18s
    1 USMC F-18
    1 Navy F-18
    T-6 Texan II
    EA-6B Prowler
    and a partridge in a pear tree

of course that is not including the stunt jobbies, B-17, Museum Aircraft or the Dark little bugs.
    Oh Yeah !!!! A C-17 and a EA-6B Prowler also !!!!! Woooo hoooo!! :borat:

Im going to go tomorrow at 12 and then back around 4ish. Hope to see some of you guys there.