Page 50 of 221 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

Re: Today at Farmingdale 2008/2009

><usually the day of the Belmont Stakes, <

Anyone watch the race and see the helicopter parked in the back along the first turn? Looked like a Agusta 109
    to me. Im not sure but i think in the past they might have had a temporary pad set up for copters with VIPS and
    public safety ships.
    Also was there a blimp being used for the aerials that I saw? No one was parked at FRG.
    Great ending to the race.

[quote="Gerard"]><usually the day of the Belmont Stakes, <

>Im not sure but i think in the past they might have had a temporary pad set up for copters with VIPS and
    public safety ships.<

Minutes after writing this post I hear a Sikorsky S-76 contacting JFK advising they were landing at Belmont.
    :lol:

Belmont Park has a registered helipad 4NY9. It is used as a soccer field most of the year, they paint the helipad lines a week before Stakes Day. This year's Stakes Day was actually not that bad, we had 50,000 patrons as of 4pm and the final count may be close to 70,000. There was a flyover around 10am, I missed it as I was getting my 25 EMTs and 10 Paramedics deployed throughout the Park. Belmont actually offers some great spotting sites for the JFK 22s. If anyone is ever interested in a tour of the facility or wants hassle free spotting access just lemme know.
    You're Never Too Young To Be A Dirty Old Man

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    Also was there a blimp being used for the aerials that I saw? No one was parked at FRG.
    No blimp, just a news chopper. :-/

Didn't get a great look at it but I think it was Chopper 7, which would make sense since the races were broadcast on ABC and ESPN.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Thanks "Medic" and "Gotham"

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Quote Originally Posted by NYCMedic
    Belmont Park has a registered helipad 4NY9. It is used as a soccer field most of the year, they paint the helipad lines a week before Stakes Day. This year's Stakes Day was actually not that bad, we had 50,000 patrons as of 4pm and the final count may be close to 70,000. There was a flyover around 10am, I missed it as I was getting my 25 EMTs and 10 Paramedics deployed throughout the Park. Belmont actually offers some great spotting sites for the JFK 22s. If anyone is ever interested in a tour of the facility or wants hassle free spotting access just lemme know.
    i agree, it's a great spot to watch. i've been there on a few race days, my father was the on-site physician there for a while.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Well there's a switch. Kalitta Charters B727F just landed at FRG, (Sun 1425lcl) and is parked on Atlantic's ramp. Pictures hopefully tonight after I get home from work.

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    Well there's a switch. Kalitta Charters B727F just landed at FRG, (Sun 1425lcl) and is parked on Atlantic's ramp. Pictures hopefully tonight after I get home from work.
    Got there just as they came in. Even the Tower was surprised when the pilot advised they were going to Atlantic. I also saw
    they were greeted by a DHS officer before the pax were allowed to deplane.

Another cool moment was just after Noon and I had just left the Main Terminal after using the "facilities". Walking to my truck and what do i hear but the unmistakable sound of an approaching HUEY!!! It was coming in from the East and I grabbed my binocs and finally saw the ship. It was an Army medevac Huey and it must have been at least 5000 feet
    up heading W/SW.
    Damn I love that sound!!!
    :D :D

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

Today the Camo L-39 flew, it looked like he went out to Jones Beach.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    Got there just as they came in. Even the Tower was surprised when the pilot advised they were going to Atlantic. I also saw
    they were greeted by a DHS officer before the pax were allowed to deplane.
    They were met by US Customs as the aircraft came in from Calgary, Canada.
    ...and here it is...

Wow, SheltAir is getting quite a beating business wise now since the airshow eh? :lol:
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Tiger came in today to play a practice round of golf at Bethpage. Headed home to Orlando after that (early aft).
    Did he use FRG?

Ernie Els' G-V N526EE is sitting over at Atlantic. Tail is blocked, so I'm not sure when he got here, but I can state it was after 9pm last night, and before 1145am today. ;)

I noticed at Shelt Air there's a ton of luxury cars cars all lined up waiting for VIPs. Looks like FRG is going to be a busy place.