Page 39 of 221 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

Re: Today at Farmingdale 2008/2009

Quote Originally Posted by planelove
    I swung by the area last week, after driving home from LGA...and Challenger 300 - N818KC was parked at the Talon Air Hangar. Now, this used to belong to Summit / JetDirect / Sentient /Jet Direct II (whatever they are now.) Maybe with JetDirect II filing bankruptcy the owners brought the aircraft to Talon. I'm at LGA for another 2 weeks, so, I'm out of the loop as to what's happening at FRG.
    Great info!! Thanks.

I dont think they bought it because it doesnt have the AK tail. I think they are managing it for an accounting firm in the city.
    Unless something changed in the last few months, I know who the principal owners are...and they have nothing to do with accounting firms. That's all I can say about them.

>a dark S-76, N476CA with one pilot wearing a helmet departed to the NW. They returned soon after, dropped three pax, shutdown then around 1PM they took off from the numbers of Runway 1 out to Bridgeport. Trumps 76 came in from the NW and landed at Atlantic, picked up four pax and quickly out to the SW. And parked by the Atlantic side of Hangar 5 were three Bell 407s. One was in the livery colors of Petroleum Helicopters (N719PH) and the other two were maroon (N62774) and what looked to be black (couldnt read the N#). ,<

Had some time to drop by FRG and it was a repeat of yesterday with a few tweaks.
    Waiting at the light at Conklin/110 I saw the Trump 76 head out to the south. Arriving at Atlantic the three 407s were joined
    by a fourth and the dark 76, N476CA,was also back but this time had a grey Wescam type camera attached to the ships right side.
    The crew arrived a few minutes later and after a long prepping they departed off Runway 1 and headed out high to E/NE.
    The new 407 was N80044 who was from Grizzly Helo Leasing in Montana and I saw the N # of the other dark 407 and that was also
    a Grizzly ship, N135GZ. I've seen both these ships here before.
    Oh yeah N99DQ also lifted from Sheltair to the east.

Unless something changed in the last few months, I know who the principal owners are...and they have nothing to do with accounting firms. That's all I can say about them.
    Could be some bad info I have but it had to do with a clothing company.

yeaa.. i would say a clothing company :roll: .. some high priced stuff

Ate lunch by FRG today and saw them installing the arresting gear.
    EVERYONE IS THERE TO SEE THE SHERPA!

THe red ENG Astar I've seen around lately, N610TV, is that a fill in for Chopper 12?

> And parked by the Atlantic side of Hangar 5 were three Bell 407s. One was in the livery colors of Petroleum Helicopters (N719PH) and the other two were maroon (N62774)<

Copters still there and around 1:15 N62774 took off directly from the Atlantic ramp to the SW. Watched as he barely got to 300 feet
    and disappeared into the fog. Returned about a half hour later Parkway routing at low level. Had been over by Jones Beach but
    couldnt get any altitude. Told Tower "I dont mind the rain but when I cant see anything thats not good". Heard a fixed wing radio they
    broke out of the clouds at 1600 feet.

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

I was also there around that time and it looked like the maroon bell was having trouble taking off and the last time I saw it, he made a low pass near the 56.

Also I saw this camo plane with the Mexican flag on its tail start its engine up near the nassau flyers hangar

And near Sheltair I saw a plane that looked like a parachuting one, with a crow on its tail.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_falcon_51
    And near Sheltair I saw a plane that looked like a parachuting one, with a crow on its tail.
    I think that was a Cessna Caravan - the drawing on the tail was a "Turkey Buzzard", at least according to what was painted below the picture. The fence was in the way of a good shot.

>[quote="Fighting_falcon_51"]I was also there around that time and it looked like the maroon bell was having trouble taking off and the last time I saw it, he made a low pass near the 56.<

He had no trouble taking off it was the ceiling he was having problems with. He was at 200 barely making 300. With all the water towers and antennaes around I got a little nervous for him. He actually made it down to the Jones Beach monument before heading back.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    I think that was a Cessna Caravan - the drawing on the tail was a "Turkey Buzzard", at least according to what was painted below the picture. The fence was in the way of a good shot.
    Yes you are right, it was a Cessna Caravan......if the fence wasn't in the way it would be an awesome shot.
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    >
    I was also there around that time and it looked like the maroon bell was having trouble taking off and the last time I saw it, he made a low pass near the 56.<

He had no trouble taking off it was the ceiling he was having problems with. He was at 200 barely making 300. With all the water towers and antennaes around I got a little nervous for him. He actually made it down to the Jones Beach monument before heading back.
    Oh, I just remember him touching and going a couple of times before making the last pass, it must have been scary for him considering its such a small aircraft and the bad conditions.

>Yes you are right, it was a Cessna Caravan......if the fence wasn't in the way it would be an awesome shot.[/quote]<

N256ST
    BTW whats with all the cars/vans/SUVs parked at Sheltair (Spots numbered) and on the dirt field by the Main terminal.
    Courtesy cars for the Air Show?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    >Yes you are right, it was a Cessna Caravan......if the fence wasn't in the way it would be an awesome shot.
    <

N256ST
    BTW whats with all the cars/vans/SUVs parked at Sheltair (Spots numbered) and on the dirt field by the Main terminal.
    Courtesy cars for the Air Show?[/quote]

That would be my best guess...they are all coming in over the next few days, and Sheltair has to have the cars in place, ready to go. Last thing you want is the T-Bird leader arriving and you tell him he has to wait for his car to be returned. :shock:

T]
    Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    That would be my best guess...they are all coming in over the next few days, and Sheltair has to have the cars in place, ready to go. Last thing you want is the T-Bird leader arriving and you tell him he has to wait for his car to be returned.

But then again... i wouldn't be 1 bit surprised about it either.. :roll:

Since the t-birds are going to the terminal, they usually have the cars situated over there