Page 221 of 221 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221
Results 3,301 to 3,308 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

WICKED SHOT Rob! Wow! Amazing job! Thanks so much for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOne View Post
    WICKED SHOT Rob! Wow! Amazing job! Thanks so much for sharing!
    Thanks, unrelated to the UN activities there was also a C5 out of Dover flying relatively low over the island today as well.

Great shots! Looks like the KC-135 is still circling over NYC as of 5pm (seen on ADS-B)

Quote Originally Posted by RepublicAviation View Post
    Great shots! Looks like the KC-135 is still circling over NYC as of 5pm (seen on ADS-B)
    On ADS-B, is there a way for me to filter to only see military aircraft?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOne View Post
    On ADS-B, is there a way for me to filter to only see military aircraft?
    Thanks.
    There's a filters tab, I believe MLAT and Military do the trick. You have to click them and then the filter button. Fighters don't usually appear, only transports/trainers and such.

Quote Originally Posted by RepublicAviation View Post
    There's a filters tab, I believe MLAT and Military do the trick. You have to click them and then the filter button. Fighters don't usually appear, only transports/trainers and such.
    Thanks! :-)

Just to follow up on this: that day, I spotted an F-15 down low over eastern Nassau. Flying multiple 360s. Later on, it was reported all over the news that *someone* busted the Presidential and/or UN TFR! One F-15 came by to successfully intercept the GA aircraft. A few hours later, the same thing happened with a different plane busting the TFR! There were two F-15s on patrol that day for just this purpose.
    Certainly was exciting to see since we usually don't have that kind of action here, except during an Airshow!

FYI - There are 2 USMC MV-22 Ospreys from VMMT-204 parked on Atlantic's ramp right now across the street from Wendys on Rte. 109.
    Not sure if they're just visting for a day or so or if they're part of the New York Fleet Week Aviation Events coming up soon??