Page 201 of 221 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

Isaac, NICE sunset shot with the Chinook !!

I was out to catch the DC9 today. Didn't know that you guys were there, I was the one in the red jeep! Here's my shot.

FRG (1 of 1) by Photography By Stephen Spinelli, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by sdspinelli2 View Post
    I was out to catch the DC9 today. Didn't know that you guys were there, I was the one in the red jeep! Here's my shot.

FRG (1 of 1) by Photography By Stephen Spinelli, on Flickr
    Nice shot!! I was the guy standing next to you and your friend in the parking lot and remarked about the Cirrus SR22 with the Islander emblem being "Their team plane"!!
    BTW you guys notice the blue sport plane that was told to go around and basically did a hard right 360 over the cemetary and came right in? Pretty cool. I believe it was David Windmiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Nice shot!! I was the guy standing next to you and your friend in the parking lot and remarked about the Cirrus SR22 with the Islander emblem being "Their team plane"!!
    BTW you guys notice the blue sport plane that was told to go around and basically did a hard right 360 over the cemetary and came right in? Pretty cool. I believe it was David Windmiller.
    It was nice to put faces to names yesterday. I was able to grab a shot of David and his Edge, it looks like he painted it! By the way, do you know what other teams normally charter or fly their own plane?

FRG (2 of 2) by Photography By Stephen Spinelli, on Flickr
    Last edited by sdspinelli2; 2014-03-23 at 11:18 AM.

By the way, do you know what other teams normally charter or fly their own plane?

The other Hockey teams that operate their own plane are the New York Rangers, Detroit Red Wings,
    San Jose Sharks, Phoenix Coyotes and Dallas Stars.
    Unfortunately, the Blue Jackets DC-9 will be the last privately owned NHL Team plane at FRG this year,
    and they should be taking off from FRG after their game today sometime between 5 - 6PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    The other Hockey teams that operate their own plane are the New York Rangers, Detroit Red Wings,
    San Jose Sharks, Phoenix Coyotes and Dallas Stars.
    I know Phoenix has their livery on the tail and the Red Wings used to but not sure about Dallas and San Jose!! I know the Rangers dont!! Not the Dolan way!!

It was nice to put faces to names yesterday. I was able to grab a shot of David and his Edge, it looks like he painted it! By the way, do you know what other teams normally charter or fly their own plane?

Nice pic!! He put a new meaning to "Go around" lol!!

Thanks. Hell yeah he did! I might stop by FRG tomorrow to get some more shots of the Chinook in better light.

Thanks. Hell yeah he did! I might stop by FRG tomorrow to get some more shots of the Chinook in better light.
    I'm thinking it might be out of here sometime tomorrow but who knows what the Army is thinking!! Good luck!!

I'm thinking it might be out of here sometime tomorrow but who knows what the Army is thinking!! Good luck!!
    Just got to FRG a little while ago to catch BKS. It looks like they're getting the chinook ready to depart. There's also a UH-72 sitting next to it.

Just got to FRG a little while ago to catch BKS. It looks like they're getting the chinook ready to depart. There's also a UH-72 sitting next to it.
    My mole told me as of 4PM Chinook and Lakota still there!!

My mole told me as of 4PM Chinook and Lakota still there!!
    I left around 3:00. They both started up, the chinook hovered for 10 minutes and the Lakota flew around then they both landed and they opened up the right engine cowling on the chinook. I left after that, the light was going bad so I left. I'll post the shot tomorrow.

Drove by at 2:00pm. Both of the helicopters had departed
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

I saw yesterday a helicopter flying over Carl Place/Mineola. When I went outside, it was was too late to run to my car to grab my camera for pics. It was afternoon, around 2pm. It could have been Lakota from pics I saw on the net.
    [URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]