Page 193 of 221 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

I saw the miami air also
    Probably the youngest spotter ever to walk up the face of the mounds.
    Jared B. -Boces Aviation Ops Student, Jericho NY

NY State PD Greyrider One Four (N430NY) a Bell 430 was at Atlantic today. They headed out to the NW around 2:15 and I'm wondering if they were going to pick up the Governor at an off-site LZ in Oyster Bay. He was up at Theodore Roosevelt Park participating in the annual beach cleanup.
    Saw a USCG Dolphin fly past FRG from the S to the NW then about 20 minutes later flew in on the One Nine approach landing at Sheltair. The Tower mistakenly ID'd it as an "Army" helicopter to another aircraft. They
    hung out for awhile, refueled then flew out to the NW.
    Miami Air 737 still sitting at the back of Atlantic. Islanders have a preseason game in Nashville tomorrow night. Not sure if they leave after tonites first NHL game in Brooklyn against the Devils or later tomorrow morning.

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Saw a USCG Dolphin fly past FRG from the S to the NW then about 20 minutes later flew in on the One Nine approach landing at Sheltair. The Tower mistakenly ID'd it as an "Army" helicopter to another aircraft. They
    hung out for awhile, refueled then flew out to the NW.
    Huh that must have been one flying around the East River today.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_falcon_51 View Post
    Huh that must have been one flying around the East River today.
    Could be. When they left FRG around 2:30 they were heading into LGA airspace.

On my way to Home Depot this morning I saw the Columbus Blue Jackets DC-9 parked over at Sheltair.
    Another reason why it's GREAT to see the start of the NHL season once again and GO ISLANDERS !!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    On my way to Home Depot this morning I saw the Columbus Blue Jackets DC-9 parked over at Sheltair.
    Another reason why it's GREAT to see the start of the NHL season once again and GO ISLANDERS !!
    Enjoy it while you can - no telling where teams will fly out of once the Isles move to Brooklyn...
    :-(

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Enjoy it while you can - no telling where teams will fly out of once the Isles move to Brooklyn...
    Funny that was the FIRST thing I thought of when I heard the Isles were moving to Brooklyn!!
    Now I figure the visiting teams will utilize a closer airport (JFK, Newark?) but I'm wondering if the Isles will continue to use FRG at certain times? I say that because unless the roster changes drastically by the time they
    leave most of the players will still live on the Island and they have their dedicated practice arena at Iceworks in Syosset (where both my sons played HS hockey and I had to see Islanders EVERYWHERE, lol)!!
    Cool to see the DC-9 there at Sheltair!! And if they are using Runway 3-2 tonite when they leave and I'm still awake I'll probably hear those "stealthy" engines as it climbs out of FRG!!

GO ISLANDERS !!!
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    According to my contacts at Miami Air, the Isles are planning to depart from FRG even with the move to Brooklyn, as they practice in Syosset. After games, could be a different story.
    He wasn't sure yet, what visiting teams will want to do, as that is still 2 seasons away.

When I worked in St. Louis a few years ago, the Blues used Spirit of St. Louis Airport (KSUS) vs. STL, also, due to their practice facility location.

Looks like the Coyotes are in town with a 757. It's not at Atlantic, so I can only presume it's at Sheltair.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/P...730Z/KPHX/KFRG

Yes, the Phoenix Coyotes 757 ( N757SS) is parked over at Sheltair right now. This 757 used to be the Team Jet for both the Dallas Stars and Texas Rangers before the whole Tom Hicks bankruptcy. It still has the same striping on it but it now has a big Phoenix Coyotes logo on the tail and it looks pretty sweet !

Pix please!

Sorry for the distortion. Best I could do handheld with the through the fence panorama.

Hey, it's still a nice shot!

Just saw it... At frg for aviation school.
    Probably the youngest spotter ever to walk up the face of the mounds.
    Jared B. -Boces Aviation Ops Student, Jericho NY