Page 17 of 221 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Re: Today at Farmingdale 2008

Ah you bastard you got cockpit shots! Nice stuff man. It always amazes me that they got that NW B74 in there like that.

Hey bro, thanks for the offer, I just may take you up on that someday soon!
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Midwest MD-82, hiding behind Hangar 5. She came in overnight from STL, with the Blues, who are playing the Islanders tonight. I assume she will be leaving sometime later tonight, after the game.

[quote="moose135"]Midwest MD-82, hiding behind Hangar 5. She came in overnight from STL, with the Blues, who are playing the Islanders tonight. I assume she will be leaving sometime later tonight, after the game.<

We'll be seeing a lot more charters with hockey season going.
    This afternoon around 1:15 an NYSPD Bell 430 (w/skids) N430SP came in low from the NW over the terminal parking lot into Atlantic in the same spot the MD-82 was parked and shutdown. At 2PM I saw them low NW over Woodbury Rd then about 25 minutes later low EB along the Northern State then back WB heading SW. All the
    time they were below 1000 feet. I wonder if they were doing advance work for the Presidential debates at Hofstra Wed.night? State copters usually come in and
    augment NC Air Bureau for special events and NC has only two copters availables with the third undergoing major maintenance.

[quote="moose135"]Midwest MD-82, hiding behind Hangar 5. She came in overnight from STL, with the Blues, who are playing the Islanders tonight. I assume she will be leaving sometime later tonight, after the game.<

We'll be seeing a lot more charters with hockey season going.
    This afternoon around 1:15 an NYSPD Bell 430 (w/skids) N430SP came in low from the NW over the terminal parking lot into Atlantic in the same spot the MD-82 was parked and shutdown. At 2PM I saw them low NW over Woodbury Rd then about 25 minutes later low EB along the Northern State then back WB heading SW. All the
    time they were below 1000 feet. I wonder if they were doing advance work for the Presidential debates at Hofstra Wed.night? State copters usually come in and
    augment NC Air Bureau for special events and NC has only two copters availables with the third undergoing major maintenance.

Interesting - hadn't thought about the debate - I was over near Eisenhower Park this afternoon, and heard a helicopter circling to the west of the park. Caught a brief glimpse of it, but not enough to really figure out what it was. Thinking about it now, it did look like the size/shape/colors of this NYSP Bell 430 - I'm just about certain it didn't have skids:

Interesting - hadn't thought about the debate - I was over near Eisenhower Park this afternoon, and heard a helicopter circling to the west of the park. Caught a brief glimpse of it, but not enough to really figure out what it was. Thinking about it now, it did look like the size/shape/colors of this NYSP Bell 430 - I'm just about certain it didn't have skids:

McCain came to EWR today then the plane shuttled to FRG as SWQ804 so his 737 should be there

McCain came to EWR today then the plane shuttled to FRG as SWQ804 so his 737 should be there

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    What is that snake-looking thing hanging off the tail?
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Tailstrike guard, if I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Tailstrike guard, if I'm not mistaken.

Happened to swing by FRG without seeing Bill's post, and caught McCain's plane. It's down near Atlantic:

This untitled Miami Air 734 was parked nearby, don't know if it is connected.

Happened to swing by FRG without seeing Bill's post, and caught McCain's plane. It's down near Atlantic:

This untitled Miami Air 734 was parked nearby, don't know if it is connected.

>This untitled Miami Air 734 was parked nearby, don't know if it is connected.<
    [/quote]

Maybe the Islanders are using it? They have a two city swing to Florida in a few days.