Page 131 of 220 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 3293

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

  1. #1951
    Senior Member lijk604's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    4 air miles SE of ISP.
    Posts
    4,143
    Interesting visitor at Republic. Airbus A319CJ / G-NOAH / sitting on Atlantic's ramp. Pics to come later.

  2. #1952
    Senior Member Gerard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,851
    Quote Originally Posted by lijk604 View Post
    Interesting visitor at Republic. Airbus A319CJ / G-NOAH / sitting on Atlantic's ramp. Pics to come later.
    Getting a washdown/cleanup when I drove past.
    Also saw what looks like the Grizzly Helicopters Bell 407s (4 of them) sitting on the rear of Atlantic. I believe this is the 2nd or third Spring these birds have returned East.

  3. #1953
    Senior Member lijk604's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    4 air miles SE of ISP.
    Posts
    4,143
    Quote Originally Posted by lijk604 View Post
    Interesting visitor at Republic. Airbus A319CJ / G-NOAH / sitting on Atlantic's ramp. Pics to come later.
    ...as promised, only posting the exterior shot. This is one beautiful aircraft inside, however, you'll have to take my word for it...I like my job.


  4. #1954
    Senior Member lijk604's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    4 air miles SE of ISP.
    Posts
    4,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Also saw what looks like the Grizzly Helicopters Bell 407s (4 of them) sitting on the rear of Atlantic. I believe this is the 2nd or third Spring these birds have returned East.
    Thanks Gerard, I knew I forgot to mention they came in yesterday. They are in a little harder to photo area this year.

  5. #1955
    Senior Member hiss srq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Around here and near there.
    Posts
    5,565
    My guess on 316PD being around was that either they stopped by to see the boss or the boss popped in for one reason or another. The Cheif Pilot of the NYPD moonlights as a mechanic for one of the companies on the west side of the field.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

  6. #1956
    Senior Member Gerard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,851
    Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq View Post
    My guess on 316PD being around was that either they stopped by to see the boss or the boss popped in for one reason or another. The Cheif Pilot of the NYPD moonlights as a mechanic for one of the companies on the west side of the field.
    Thats pretty cool. I remember when a former Chief Pilot flew an EC-135 for Summit Aviation when they had copters (an Astar also). In fact I never see any activity by that hangar anymore.

  7. #1957
    Senior Member Gerard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,851
    Quote Originally Posted by lijk604 View Post
    Thanks Gerard, I knew I forgot to mention they came in yesterday. They are in a little harder to photo area this year.
    Two of them , the blue 407s took off around 2PM today. THey headed out SW. Interesting that 14TV and 41TV come up as being owned by companies in Linden, NJ.

  8. #1958
    Senior Member lijk604's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    4 air miles SE of ISP.
    Posts
    4,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Thats pretty cool. I remember when a former Chief Pilot flew an EC-135 for Summit Aviation when they had copters (an Astar also). In fact I never see any activity by that hangar anymore.
    Hey I remember John! Wonder where he is nowadays? There is activity at that hangar, but that owner usually flies under the cover of darkness.

  9. #1959
    Senior Member Gerard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,851
    Quote Originally Posted by lijk604 View Post
    Hey I remember John! Wonder where he is nowadays? There is activity at that hangar, but that owner usually flies under the cover of darkness.
    I did a Google search on him (Detective John ***an) but came up empty. I actually used to exchange emails with him at one time. Seemed like a nice guy.
    Mmmm, cover of darkness? I dont want to know.

  10. #1960
    Senior Member moose135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    8,062
    Got to FRG just in time to run into John and catch the A319 departing.





    While we were near the terminal parking area, one of the "black helicopters" made a low pass from the Atlantic end, hovered near the terminal ramp, then headed back to the south end. I think maybe tower asked them to give us a photo pass...




  11. #1961
    Senior Member lijk604's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    4 air miles SE of ISP.
    Posts
    4,143
    Aside from those two visitors that Moose just posted, this guy came back today bringing his load of pax from Louisville. Guess they went to see The Derby.
    Clouds rolled in, so the light sucks...but hey...it's a DC-9-34! (Guess that explains the tail number)

  12. #1962
    Senior Member Chris S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    881
    Does anyone who's aerobatic airplane was flying around FRG today just before 3:30 ??
    I saw it from a distance and looked like it was red and white aircraft with a low wing,
    and I was wondering if it was possibly David Windmiller in his Edge 540 ??

  13. #1963
    Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Copiague, NY
    Posts
    1,211
    David Windmiller has been buzzing my house a couple of times a week for the past 2 or so weeks now.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

  14. #1964
    Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Copiague, NY
    Posts
    1,211
    I spotted a helicopter today that looked like a MH-53 without a refueling probe heading toward FRG? Did anyone else see anything?
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

  15. #1965
    Senior Member Gerard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_falcon_51 View Post
    David Windmiller has been buzzing my house a couple of times a week for the past 2 or so weeks now.
    In his plane or helicopter?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •