Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aircraft noise problem in Park Slope? Really?

Re: Aircraft noise problem in Park Slope? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by markg
    Quote Originally Posted by Arinyc
    Those innocent souls have obviously never lived near an airport with regular Trident and 1-11 traffic.
    Not another Brit in the NYC area??
    Lived in Maidavale for 4 months in 1980, under the arrival path for Heathrow,will vouch for the Tridents, (cool) witnessed the last of the Viscounts(Brit Electra wait,wait,thats the Vanguard),the last of the VC10s(Beautiful),never caught the DanAir Comet4C's though.
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

Quote Originally Posted by markg
    Quote Originally Posted by Arinyc
    Those innocent souls have obviously never lived near an airport with regular Trident and 1-11 traffic.
    Not another Brit in the NYC area??
    Nope! :) Made in Milan, Italy -- about 5km north of rwy 36 at LIN. The Tridents & 1-11s were the BA LHR flights. They switched to 757s when I was in middle school. That stopped the windows from rattling, and stopped the fun too.

NLovis

Again with how quiet all these engines have become how can they complain? I live right at the in range point for the 22's for JFK. Really cant hear much anymore which I dont like. I love seeing all of these a/c fly within eye's range and hearing them. This is nothing compared to the 747 classics and the Concord. All of the sudden a thunder sound and the windows rattling. Or as I started catching them a plane flying overhead missing the sound then a few seconds later BOOM you get hit by the engine sound. Man I miss that so much. I was really young then but I remember it as if it was yesterday. That is my passion for this. Unwaivering. :borat: