Thread: Suspected Terror plot @ Gabreski thwarted

Suspected Terror plot @ Gabreski thwarted

Can't find the link yet but just saw it on News 12.

Supposedly, some lady had been hanging around the airport over the last couple of weeks. Thursday, she was arrested for trespassing and when they searched her car, it had a bunch of weapons in it.

They think she may have been targeting the 106th.

This doesn't help the spotting... :(
    EVERYONE IS THERE TO SEE THE SHERPA!

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

Re: Suspected Terror plot @ Gabreski thwarted

One word: Ouch!
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Sounds like a very isolated incident... What kind of weapons did they find on her?

http://www.27east.com/story_detail.cfm? ... air%20base

Police find weapons in car of woman nabbed for trespassing at air base
    A woman who police said had an XM-15 assault rifle, a shotgun, and 500 rounds of ammunition in her car was arrested and charged with trespassing after officials at the Air National Guard Base at Gabreski Airport called the Suffolk County Sherriff’s office to report that she was taking photographs on base property in Westhampton Thursday night.

Nancy Genovese, 49, of Lakewood Avenue in Quogue was charged with criminal trespass in the third degree, arraigned in Southampton Town Justice Court on Friday and is being held at the Suffolk County Correctional Facility in Riverhead on $50,000 bail.

This wasn’t the first time Ms. Genovese observed taking pictures of the base, according to the sheriff’s department. When Deputy Sheriff Robert Carlock arrived at the scene Thursday night, he was told by members of the Air National Guard that she had been warned for several weeks to stay off of the airport property. She had reportedly been seen several times taking pictures along the perimeter of the base. An off-duty Southampton Town Police officer recognized Ms. Genovese when she returned to the base Thursday night.

The U.S. Department of Justice’s Joint Terrorism Task Force and the Department of Homeland Security were notified by the sheriff’s department. Spokesmen for both agencies have announced that they will launch their own investigations.

Ms. Genovese is due in Southampton Justice Court again on August 7.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway
    http://www.27east.com/story_detail.cfm?id=225871&town=Westhampton&n=Poli ce%20find%20weapons%20in%20car%20of%20woman%20nabb ed%20for%20trespassing%20at%20air%20base

Police find weapons in car of woman nabbed for trespassing at air base
    A woman who police said had an XM-15 assault rifle, a shotgun, and 500 rounds of ammunition in her car was arrested and charged with trespassing after officials at the Air National Guard Base at Gabreski Airport called the Suffolk County Sherriff’s office to report that she was taking photographs on base property in Westhampton Thursday night.

Nancy Genovese, 49, of Lakewood Avenue in Quogue was charged with criminal trespass in the third degree, arraigned in Southampton Town Justice Court on Friday and is being held at the Suffolk County Correctional Facility in Riverhead on $50,000 bail.

This wasn’t the first time Ms. Genovese observed taking pictures of the base, according to the sheriff’s department. When Deputy Sheriff Robert Carlock arrived at the scene Thursday night, he was told by members of the Air National Guard that she had been warned for several weeks to stay off of the airport property. She had reportedly been seen several times taking pictures along the perimeter of the base. An off-duty Southampton Town Police officer recognized Ms. Genovese when she returned to the base Thursday night.

The U.S. Department of Justice’s Joint Terrorism Task Force and the Department of Homeland Security were notified by the sheriff’s department. Spokesmen for both agencies have announced that they will launch their own investigations.

Ms. Genovese is due in Southampton Justice Court again on August 7.

The blurb on News 12 totally made it sound like she was on the verge of doing something.

This is why I hate the media most times... :roll:
    EVERYONE IS THERE TO SEE THE SHERPA!

This is why we should be ok with police checks when they approach us, and be very cooperative.

Glad they got her.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

According to her MySpace page she might have believed Gabreski was being transformed into a FEMA concentration camp. :roll:

Also, she is a big Glenn Beck fan. (Though from my understanding Glenn Beck has debunked the FEMA conspiracy on his show).
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

And stay out! :evil:

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

I am driving right past FOK in an hour or so. Should I stop by and grab a few shots?
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol