Thread: Pictures of Ford Island Safe to Post?

Pictures of Ford Island Safe to Post?

I was visiting the Pacific Aviation Museum on Ford Island in Hawaii. They had a huge printout of a satellite image of the island on the floor of the main lobby. After going through the museum, I set out on foot to find the old runway. I indeed found the deteriorating strip of weed-ridden asphault packed with a rich history and snapped a couple pictures.

However, on my way back to the museum, I ran across signs:

The land is still owned by the U.S. Navy; would I run into any problems if I post the pictures of the runway online?

Re: Pictures of Ford Island Safe to Post?

Looks like there are a bunch on Flickr, I think you'll be okay...that sign might be 60 years old.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: Pictures of Ford Island Safe to Post?

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Looks like there are a bunch on Flickr, I think you'll be okay...that sign might be 60 years old.
    Yeah, I thought the same thing. The sign looked like it was from when the airfield was still active. Plus, no one who saw me said anything at all.

Good idea checking Flickr, didn't think of that.