Thread: EWR Tower Resident

EWR Tower Resident

We have a pair of Hawks that lived on our tower. I've been trying to get a good shot of them for a while and finally did today. They arn't very friendly(they chased me off the catwalk a few months ago awaiting the Saudi 747SP to depart) but they're very curious.

Bill

Re: EWR Tower Resident

Nice. Maybe you should bring them some mice to snack on as a peace offering the next time they try to chase you away. :)
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

very cool. i took a shot, a very blurry shot, of a hawk in my backyard. it was a few years ago, right around the time the central park-penthouse hawks left thier nest. i hope too many people didn't see you getting chased off the catwalk by "a bird."
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    i hope too many people didn't see you getting chased off the catwalk by "a bird."
    Everyone in the tower got a laugh about it, it was flying back and forth right outside the windows screaming at me. They still joke with me about it. The last time I was out there though they sat on the ledge just below where I was but kept an eye on me at all times. They're cool to watch, we'll be looking out the windows and all of a suddenly the two of them will just swoop by. Then a few mins later theres lots of feathers falling down from the roof.

Was this an approved mod?

should contact TSO...lol

Very cool, Bill - those are great shots!

Probably pondering what aircraft engine it wants to get sucked into....