Thread: Trip Report: Trip to Patterson, NY

Trip Report: Trip to Patterson, NY

Woke up at 3:55 AM and left for the airport at 4:25 AM.
    I arrived at Daytona Beach International Airport shortly before 5. After I said good-bye to my father, I walked inside and checked in at the kiosk for my 6 AM flight to Atlanta.

Delta 780
    Departs: Daytona Beach 6:00 AM Actual: 5:52 AM Gate 2
    Arrives: Atlanta 7:20 AM Actual: Roughly 7:06 AM Gate B23
    Seat: 15E
    I boarded the MD-88 with zone 8, and we pushed early. It was still dark out when we left the gate. A quick taxi to 7L and we were wheels up for a 58 minute flight. The pilot almost immediately turned the plane to the northwest, while they normally fly out over the ocean and then turn around. Anyway, there was a full beverage service but before we knew it, we were on our descent into Atlanta.
    We touched down on 27L in Atlanta at 7:00 AM and parked at gate B23.
    I checked the monitor to make sure my next gate was still the same, and it was, so I made my way slowly to C57. I noticed while I was there (I knew they were doing this) that there were more jetways for the Delta Connection flights in Concourse C than there were before.
    Of course, my flight did not park at a jetway. I got to the gate just as it was arriving.

Delta 4725
    Departs: Atlanta 8:28 AM Actual: 8:23 AM Gate C57
    Arrives: Newburgh-Stewart International, NY 10:50 AM Actual: 10:42 AM Gate 1
    Seat 2A
    CRJ-200
    To board this plane, we went down an escalator and outside. There was a woman making sure we were getting on the right plane, since there were a few parked close together. The plane was not full. 32/50 pax made for a 64% loadfactor this flight. I got two seats to myself (fine by me) and we had a really nice flight attendant named Dwayne. We pushed early and were number two for take off in Atlanta.
    We were able to get multiple beverages and snacks on the plane, which was nice, compared to the bag of peanuts I got on my first flight. This flight we got Biscoff cookies and cheese with crackers. We had a nice approach over the Catskills before crossing the Hudson River, then turning around and crossing it again to land on runway 27 at SWF. A quick taxi to gate 1 and we deplaned via a jetway. Baggage claim was uneventful and I was picked up by a family member. Pictures to come after I get back to Florida.
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

Re: Trip Report: Trip to Patterson, NY

Did you get Regional Jet Stress Syndrome?! :lol: :lol:
    "lol retart"

A little bit...
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

I arrived at Stewart Airport at 11:48 AM for my 2:05 PM flight. Once I signed off on the ground transport, I went to the DL Counter to check in. Shortly after, I was greeted by an NWA employee (NW does DL's ground work at SWF). She checked my bag and I was off to gate 1. Security was easy, but I stupidly forgot to take out my DVD player and put it through separately. I After some exploration and watching a JetBlue E-190 depart for MCO, I went to my gate and waited to board. All zones boarded at once at around 1:50 PM.

Delta 4450
    Departs: Newburgh, NY at 2:05 PM Gate 1
    Arrives: Atlanta at 4:39 PM Gate C53
    ON TIME
    Seat: 9A
    CRJ-200

We pushed from the gate on time and made a quick taxi to runway 27. We departed uneventfully and flew out over the Catskills. In flight beverage service was average, but our flight attendant, Brenda, was very nice. There wasn't much to do for the two hours it took to get to ATL, so I just looked out the window.
    We touched down on runway 27L in ATL. Due to some confusion about gate assignments, our early arrival at 4:20 turned into a gate arrival of 4:45 PM. No big deal. We deplaned at gate C53 in Atlanta.

While in ATL, I got a quick snack and made my way to gate A10 for my flight to Daytona Beach. We boarded easily and I took my seat in 30E.

Delta 1615
    Departs: Atlanta 6:35 PM Gate A10
    Arrives: Daytona Beach 7:57 PM Gate 2
    EARLY Arrival 7:43
    Seat 30E
    MD-88

We pushed on time and were number two in line for take off behind another DL MD-88 and in front of a Spirit A319/A320. We took off on runway 27R and flew out to avoid some storms near Macon. This was one of the quick flights. The flight attendants couldn't even finish the beverage service as we began our descent. We flew a few miles in from the coastline and turned for a short final to 7L in Daytona Beach. We had an interesting landing. From the window, and I could be wrong, but it looked as if we came in low, as the pilot gave an extra burst of engine power to avoid landing on the displaced threshold. I won't say anything for the reverse thrust as I was toward the back of the plane, and it could be inaccurate. After some decent braking, we exited the runway and made our way to gate two.

Boy did I not know what I had coming. At baggage claim, I saw my bag come through, but the frame was smushed in and it had some rips. I will be going back to the airport today to make a claim. The bag office was closed and no one was at the ticket counter. All in all, good trip, until the end that is. DAB is so easy to travel in and out of.
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012