Thread: JFK Jan.7, 2008

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

JFK Jan.7, 2008

Well myself and Bill went out despite the clouds this morning. Runway changes kept us on our toes.

amongst the many Jetblues, we saw the Yahoo and 100th.

Also got to see my beloved 340s, including the floral looking Air Jamaica, Etihad, Thai and nice to see Cathays 773ERs.

Constellation was around, as well as Virgin.

Lucky catch of the day was none other than the luck of the Irish's own Omni Dc10, operating as SHAMROCK 7110.

Of course, my legacy of sunless shooting prevails.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Re: JFK Jan.7, 2008

Must have been great out today (minus the lack of sun). Absolutely perfect temperatures for being outside!

I went past the CX 773 today on the way from T7 to LGA. I also saw far in the distance the Jet 777 tail.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Makes sense that Omni would be operating for EI right now. They had 2 of their A330-300s struck by lighting at DUB within an hour of each other the other day!

That reminds me of a SWF story that I learned of the other day. Lighting struck the tower and it traveled through the ground and struck all 3 aircraft at the terminal which were an American F-100, US F-100, and a Midway F-100. The American and US were fine but the Midway lost all of its circuits and fuses!

Yesterday was an interesting day at JFK. Other than the Omni DC-10, there was also a Zoom 763 doing a Bermuda to JFK run. Did you guys see that?

I think JFK-BDA is one of Zoom's normal routes.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    I think JFK-BDA is one of Zoom's normal routes.
    That's correct Matt, Zoom serves BDA from JFK. You can also book JFK-BDA-LGW aswell. Interesting way of getting to London.