Thread: some doubts about LAX.

some doubts about LAX.

Greetings everybody. First of all sorry for any spelling/grammar mistake and for posting many questions.
    I would like to ask for small help if possible of course.
    I am going for the first time ever early next year to LAX for spotting. I live in Europe and I already visited several airports around the world, but it is going to be my first time ever on a American airport. It is going to be my second time in the US, but the first time (went to NY) I had no chance to make a single photo at the airport (was happy enough with the USS Intrepid).
    What I would like to know is if any of you already went to the Radisson Hotel near LAX and was able to make photos from a bedroom, and if the answer is yes, could you show me a photo just for me to see how those will look.
    I know (from what I read) that there is a place on the penthouse of that hotel from where it is possible to photograph (perhaps as I am staying there they will not bother me too much and let me stay there all day long).
    From that place (hotel bedroom or even the penthouse) what set of lenses do you reccomend? I have a 300D and a 30D and have a 100-400 LIS plus a Sigma 18-200 and Canon 75-300. Are those enough to make photos from that place?
    Thank you very much for your time and help.

ps: if anyone wants to see my portofolio on the Internet :arrow: http://www.airfleets.net/photo/?membre=21017 (might have pop ups)

Re: some doubts about LAX.

I have just returned from LAX. From what I understand is that the Lounge at the top of the Radisson is only accessible after 5PM. You do not have to be a guest, but you should purchase a beverage if you want to hang around up there. LAX has other great spotting locationgs such as Imperial Hill and the Park across from In-N-Out. I would suggest checking out those locations.

Eric
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Hi Eric. Thank you for that information about the opening hours of the bar (or restaurant, I don't know). Do you think that from a bedroom below is possible to photograph?
    The Imperial Hill is already on my list and I have no doubts on how to get there and how photos will look like (nice place indeed), but as you mentioned the park near the in-n-out that is another doubt I have. The place seems very near not allowing side-on photos. Is it ok to walk a little to the left or to the right depending on the sun from that park to get side-on frames ?
    Once again, thank you very much

Yes, you can back away a bit to get side-on photos, if that is your preference, near In N Out. You will just have to cross the street.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Mr. C.

The windows at the Radisson have a sun filter on them, which makes photography from the room impossible, as this is worse than any window tint.

If you want photos from the room, try the Marriott or Crowne Plaza further down "the strip" on W. Century Blvd. I have also heard that there are good views from the Embassy Suites on Imperial Highway.

Hi.
    Thanks for the input
    Sorry to make another question, but it is a small doubt , and this time is about the proud bird restaurant. Not only I want to see and photograph those replicas on display, but also makes some photos of the real stuff landing (oh, and the menu for lunch seems interesting :D )
    It seems that it is possible to pick a free (love that word) shuttle bus from LAX to the parking lot B that is near that restaurant. Do shuttle drivers ask for any document of a car or can we just say we are going to the parking to pick a car?
    Sorry for this little insignificant question, but as I will not rent a car I have to understand how to move around (and if that can be done for free :mrgreen: )
    Thanks
    (sorry for any spelling/grammar mistake :oops: )

I don't know about the parking shuttle to Proud Bird, but it is a great place to go, and I understand they are fairly tolerable in regards to spotters. You've reminded me that I need to go there when I visit LA in a few weeks.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].