Thread: Ramp Worker killed at RDU

Ramp Worker killed at RDU

http://wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/1655649/

I read on another board that he was pinned up against an aircraft with a belt loader, but again...rumor.

Very horrible to hear about. When you're out on the ramp, it's easy to be safe as long as you are aware, but you can see how easily something can go terribly wrong.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Re: Ramp Worker killed at RDU

RIP to the person who perished. I felt my heart sink a little deeper than it is right now for a moment when I heard RDU. I have quite a few freinds from RDU with US and a few of them are down on the ramp.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Anet says he backed up a tractor into the wing. Very sad.

Other than engines incidents, what are the other dangerous things that happen to ramp workers that you know of?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Objects on your person getting caught on belt loaders. Brake failures are always one I used to worry about. People walking way to close to the pushback tug during pushes. People not teathering props down. Once in SRQ I caught a guy fueling an A-319 without the grounding line hooked up. Another thing I used to teach people at SRQ was (and this is SOP at Jet Blue BTW) to never come in the danger area of an airplane or to open a panel etc on the plane untill the beacons are off. The only people allowed in that area untill the beacon is off is the person who is chocking the right main and the nose gear. Other than that no one not even to hook up the GPU. Those are a few I could come up with off hand from my time when I worked on a ramp.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Yikes. RIP.
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath