Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LGA Airline Show and Sale This Saturday!

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    the NYCaviation table is in the back corner
    Corner? They may as well be in Osh Kosh! Use some zoom! BTW that guy with the bad shirt and evil grin is scaring me!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

I had a blast today you all. I only wish I had about 1000 bucks to spend there. I didn't buy anything, I was good. If I were more into those 1:400 scales, I would've bought a lot. But I'm more of a 1:200 plastic model guy. Did you all see that wood US 757 with winglets? Orgasmic! ok maybe that's a little extreme but that thing was beautiful! If only it weren't $200. Too much for me to rationalize buying it. Mel, you mentioned your 1:150 scale Pink Song in your earlier reply. Did I read that right, 1:150? Cause in person you insisted it was 1:50. And I conceded to you. Was I right that it wasn't 1:50th? Either way, glad I came. Nice meeting up with a few of you all. I'm back home now. But I'll be back really soon. See you all later!

-Justin
    "Who said white things weren't big?" - 100-400L IS

I thnk she meant "one fifty" as in one hundred and fifty, as in 1:150, not 1:50.

Was great seeing you Justin. Glad you can pop up in NY like that. :)
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Yeah Justin...now I understand why you were so baffled as to why I was insisting that the one I have at home really isn't THAT big like you thought it would be. I said 150 scale meaning 1:150 the whole time. Sorry for the misunderstanding! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Mellyrose
    Yeah Justin...now I understand why you were so baffled as to why I was insisting that the one I have at home really isn't THAT big like you thought it would be. I said 150 scale meaning 1:150 the whole time. Sorry for the misunderstanding! :)
    HAHA ok. That explains it then. I thought u meant 1:50th. I was thinking, "that'd be a huge ass model. She can't mean 1:50th." haha. Glad we got that cleared up. Nice seeing you all today again.

Watch out Phil, I might jump out from a corner on your ramp one of these days. Haha jk.

-Justin
    "Who said white things weren't big?" - 100-400L IS

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    i wanted that LO shirt so bad, too bad they didn't have my size. ended up getting the PS "Smile Hour" shirt instead as well as a USAF C-17, C-32 and the AA retro jet in bare metal. (no chrome here baby.)

here are my latest additions:

i was farely good too, only spent under $100.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Really wish I could have come guys, looks like and sounds like it was a lot of fun! With studying for finals and getting ready to leave for Spain on Thursday I was pretty busy. :(

Gordon...we saw a couple models that you would've loved, but we assumed you already had! One was an Iberia 752 and the other was an 1:200 scale Iberia A340.

Do you already have those?

I've got a Herpa 1/500 Iberia 757-200 and A340-300 but not 1/200 versions of the models. I'm guessing the A340-300 was Hogan?

I thoguht it was SkyMarks, but I guess it was probably Hogan. They were selling it for $10. Shoulda grabbed it for you. :(

My best purchase, though, was a postcard I got of LGA....
    ....it's got an overhead diagramof the runway and terminal layout....complete airport map....from back int eh dizzay. It shows a third runway 9/27, shorter 1/31 and 4/22 runways and all kinds of stuff. Simply amazing!

I will tkae a pic and post it soon.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Wow, $10! That's crazy, in Germany it's about $42 (for the Hogan model).

Thanks for keeping an eye out for me Phil and Mel. :)

Was great meeting you. Went over budget again this year. I missed having a show at Newark this year and made up for it at Mike Chews table and at Buchair. 1/200th UA DC-8 and a BAF Carvair ( I'm a sucker for ugly cars & planes & the Carvair is UGLY. Also1/400 Maxjet & Avianca 767-200s , UA DC-6F, and a EA DC-3. Already have the North American 767. I think Dragon wings made a XG 757 Bush/Cheney 757in 1/400

As usual it was great seeing everybody and meeting some new folks. When I was younger I used to go to around 5-6 shows a year around the country and buy mega stuff, now I am window shopper and come to visit with friends, by far the best part. I am glad I never started a model collection as I would be spending so much money I don't have and pissing off my wife but for those of you who do collect them, this is a great place to grow your collection. Remember when the dealers are ready to start packing up you can often get great deals as they don't want to lug stuff home, many are getting on one or more airplanes to get there. As far as purchases, I only made one, my bible the awesome BuchAir JP Fleet Guide, I will spend many hours reading thru the wealth of information it has about the worlds airline fleets and tracking down many of the aircraft I have worked in the past that have left the fleets of my various employers over the years. I was fortunate to pick up two new JustPlanes Videos DVD's (WestJet and SpiceJet) as I now review them for Airliners magazine. Anyway I had a great time and what are the chances that we had Runway 22 departures two years in a row, did some of you do any shooting ?

Cheers

LGA777

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    I thoguht it was SkyMarks, but I guess it was probably Hogan. They were selling it for $10.
    Nice deal, I got my Swiss 332 for $40. Now I'm even sadder that I couldn't make it on time. :?

BTW cancidas how did the LOT shirt look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Mellyrose
    It's worse than drugs....and more expensive! :?
    Well said!

I collect the StarJets 1:500, but luckily StarJets lately has not been making a lot of models.

Sorry I missed all of you on Saturday--I had to catch up on some stuff but it sounds like you all had a good time.

-Will
    Wings Down Under on Flightglobal