Thread: Planeview/Landing Lights Yesterday

Planeview/Landing Lights Yesterday

Yesterday being as beautiful a summer day as we've ever had in NYC, and LGA 13/31 closed, I figured it would be a good day to finally pop the Planeview cherry on my new (now 2 month old) DSLR. I went a little late for the good light (got there around 1), but I got a couple of decent shots anyway.

I learned some important things:

- I need to practice my shots of fast moving targets.
    - The lens only focuses once in burst mode (I think, please correct me if I'm wrong).
    - I've used Photoshop just about everyday for the past 4 years or so, but I still have much to learn.

Here are the salvagable shots I got in the couple of hours I was there. I used Monty's excellent step-by-step as a guide while processing them. Your critiques and suggestions are much appreciated.

(I shot this same plane at the gate at SAN).

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

The shots are pretty good, especially that Canjet one...

On another note...

Was anyone at Planeview yesterday morning? I left on Frontier 505 to Denver, and could have sworn I saw someone with a big lens taking pics by the fence at Planeview... We departed RWY4 about 915AM....

That person in the park was me! Trying out my new lens, DAMN I love it! I got there at 7am and shot until 9:45am. In fact 2 arrivals after your aircraft departed I split as the light was getting a bit harsh.

First off here is your Frontier, glad I could help! LOL!

Here are some other shots, please note this is the NON-IS version of the 70-200mm f/2.8

...and one non-Anet/JetPhotos quality shot, but of interest none-the-less
    N192AN now has winglets...he was a departure, must have arrived Fri. night.

and lets never forget NY's Bravest!