Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a reminder...

Just a reminder...

Justin Idle (not just an idol) and myself (Joey Collura) will be in NYC from 6/11-6/15 and intend to shoot at both JFK and LGA. As of now it looks like we'll be spotting on the 11th, 14th and 15th. It is also my understanding that Idle has been in contact with a few of you. Anyone not contacted going to be available any of these days? We're both looking forward to it, especially myself, heavies aren't exactly abundant here in TPA.

I'd love to come, but it's a little bit early to confirm for spotting since we don't know the weather as of yet.

Where are you guys staying? Will you have a car? any social plans at all?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    I'd love to come, but it's a little bit early to confirm for spotting since we don't know the weather as of yet.

Where are you guys staying? Will you have a car? any social plans at all?
    As far as I know:

Staying in Manhattan

No Car

Social Plans - Does this include sight seeing plans?
    "Who said white things weren't big?" - 100-400L IS

Ok. Just be sure to keep in touch as we get closer and we'll coordinate everything. I'm really excited about meeting up with yu guys, whether it be for planes or getting food or a beer or whatever.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

We have rented an apartment on the upper east side, no car as IDle mentioned. As far as social activities go they'll be limited at night cause I'm only 17. But I know we're spending two days checking out the sites, and three days spotting. I understand weather is everything up there to you guys so I guess we'll pan it all out a couple days before we leave. As long as its not raining Idle and I will be out there, how is the weather normally in June??? I'll bring this thread up again a couple of days before we leave and see if we can't finalize some plans.

Ok.... so.... a week from today we are hoping to be shooting in JFK. I know it's still a week away but I hate getting so close to a planned day of events without knowing whats coming my way. So who can come out a week from today, Sunday the 11th. Thanks so much!

I could possibly come out for about three or four hours in the afternoon. I leave for MAD later that night on Iberia 6252 so I would need to head over to Terminal 7 around 18:00 in order to check-in for the 21:10 departure.

Hopefully if the runways are right you guys can catch Iberia 6253 on arrival into JFK at around 19:15.

Cool man! I know this sounds overwhelmingly frank of me but would anyone else be able to possibly drive us around for the day? Joey and I really want to experience the awesomeness (is that a word?) that JFK has to offer. So far, weather for Sunday is sunny and Northwest winds. I would take that as using the 31s? We would love to visit the Cosco area and Howard Beach for some 31L departure banks. Whoever offers to drive us around has a free lunch on us and some money for gas. We REALLY REALLY would appreciate it and would gladly repay the favor if that person ever makes it down to TPA or MCO. Thanks

-Justin

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    I may be getting out to JFK too late to drive you guys, if the sun is shining I may get out there around 2 or 3 for some afternoon shooting. If I get out there I will look for you guys.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Not that TPA or MCO is half as interesting as JFK and LGA...... I love how Idle volunteers me for stuff without telling me, lol. Anyway I look forward to meeting as much as the NYC crew as possible, I really can't wait!!!!!

Ok you all. Josh and Futt have stepped up to the plate and volunteered to take Joey and myself around JFK on Sunday. Thanks very much to them. I cannot wait. However, we still want more people to come hang out with us if possible. I'd love to meet as many of you all as possible. Phil, Mel, Eric, Nick, Art, Tom, Tony and more! Come on out! If anyone can't make it, I'd understand. But the more the merrier. So who else might still come out? We're also planning on going out on Wed and Thurs to JFK again and a little LGA action in the mornings with Tony Russo as our assistance but he was unavailable for this weekend that's why I asked for help. Thanks again guys!

-Justin

Looks like the weather for this weekend is turning out for the better at this point. Depending on how things go I might get out there. Its boating season now so the boat comes before planes, hehe

I will be out there.

Eric
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

If you let me know the when and the where, I should be able to get there.
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

Right now weather.com is calling for WNW winds at JFK Sunday. Would this mean 31s? I certainly hope so. If so, I imagine we'll be hanging out at Cosco or around that area in the early afternoon for all the great international arrivals. Then I'd like to go Howard Beach in the late afternoon for some great departure banks. This is just my idea of what might happen. Akbar and Futt may surprise us and have other plans. I'll go with whatever they suggest because they know JFK much better than I. I am really looking forward to Sunday guys!

-Justin