Thread: US A-319 N700UW

US A-319 N700UW

For those of you who were at Kids Day at LGA and viewed/ toured the US Airways/Star Alliance A-319 N700UW I wanted to give you a few tidbits about this particular Airbus. She was the very first Airbus aircraft ever delivered to USAirways on Oct 16 1998. As the first she was used for some publicity video's (will try and find and post a link) and was also used for FAA required evaucation drills held in our then TPA Maintenance Hangar (US Passed with flying colors). One year ago in September of 2004 she was the first US aircraft to be painted in Star Alliance colors. There are currently 4 A-319, 3 757, 1 CR7, and 2 E-170's. Two 767's are rumored to be next. This 319 was also unfortunately the first US aircraft to have a complete Maintenance Overhaul thru a contract vendor, Singapore Aerospace in Mobile, Alabama.
    I would like to thank my LGA co-workers who staffed the aircraft today, and especially the Captain many of you saw who gave up a day off to be on the aircraft today without pay. Oh and ironically I did a search on airliners.net for N700UW tonite and the three most recent photos where taken by Josh, Eric, and Phil at LGA. I hope you all enjoyed spending part of your day with Ship 700, I did !

Cheers

LGA777

US A-319 N700UW

For those of you who were at Kids Day at LGA and viewed/ toured the US Airways/Star Alliance A-319 N700UW I wanted to give you a few tidbits about this particular Airbus. She was the very first Airbus aircraft ever delivered to USAirways on Oct 16 1998. As the first she was used for some publicity video's (will try and find and post a link) and was also used for FAA required evaucation drills held in our then TPA Maintenance Hangar (US Passed with flying colors). One year ago in September of 2004 she was the first US aircraft to be painted in Star Alliance colors. There are currently 4 A-319, 3 757, 1 CR7, and 2 E-170's. Two 767's are rumored to be next. This 319 was also unfortunately the first US aircraft to have a complete Maintenance Overhaul thru a contract vendor, Singapore Aerospace in Mobile, Alabama.
    I would like to thank my LGA co-workers who staffed the aircraft today, and especially the Captain many of you saw who gave up a day off to be on the aircraft today without pay. Oh and ironically I did a search on airliners.net for N700UW tonite and the three most recent photos where taken by Josh, Eric, and Phil at LGA. I hope you all enjoyed spending part of your day with Ship 700, I did !

Cheers

LGA777

The pilot and flight attendant standing in the foward galley were very kind and friendly. If you ever see them again tell them I said Hi and thanks for being so welcoming!!

The pilot and flight attendant standing in the foward galley were very kind and friendly. If you ever see them again tell them I said Hi and thanks for being so welcoming!!

I've actually flown on that plane, N700UW, on a LGA-CLT run. It continued to Punta Cana, DR.
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

I've actually flown on that plane, N700UW, on a LGA-CLT run. It continued to Punta Cana, DR.
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

I don't know if any of you guys noticed but I was the guy who turned the rotating beacon on N700UW. : ) yeah im crazy
    Jetblue Pilot departure announcement : "We are pleased to have some of the best flight attendants in the industry ...Unfortunately none of them are on this flight...!"

I don't know if any of you guys noticed but I was the guy who turned the rotating beacon on N700UW. : ) yeah im crazy
    Jetblue Pilot departure announcement : "We are pleased to have some of the best flight attendants in the industry ...Unfortunately none of them are on this flight...!"

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    while touring the all too familiar interior was interesting, my sister and i enjoyed the ride back to the terminal (my office) onbaord 700...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    while touring the all too familiar interior was interesting, my sister and i enjoyed the ride back to the terminal (my office) onbaord 700...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    I have many shots of her taxing out :D
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    I have many shots of her taxing out :D
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

I got the first shot of any Star Alliance livery on a US Airways aircraft for jetphotos.net :D . Luck of the draw lol. Caught the beacon too.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=366557

I was glad we had N700UW at Kids Day because the white fuselage looked really good against the dark black tarmac and the deep blue sky: http://www.airliners.net/open.file/939367/L/

Josh

Awesome pic, Josh. Very interesting angle, with no buildings in the distance it looks like you're at an airport in the middle of a prairie, far, far from NYC.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9