Thread: A-10s In The Neighborhood

A-10s In The Neighborhood

Four A-10s just did a flyover at the US Open men's final. Anyone see them?
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Saw them on TV first then out our Towers windows, on a SW heading they looked great, did a 180 degree turn over Corona at a few hundred feet then flew NE then disappeared NE of LGA, very cool !

LGA777

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Were they the only military aircraft our over the LGA area yesterday?

My wife called me yesterday at...well, had to be before 4 PM, and told me that 4 "fast planes" might be headed my way. At the time, she was in Whitestone Queens. So it sounds like what she saw.

But when i asked if they were straight wings vs tirangular shaped, she just said the noses looked pointy (cute, right?)

They never got to melville though :) so I assume she saw the A-10s
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

It appears those same 4 A-10's also did a flyover at the Meadowlands yesterday for the Giants opener, saw a brief replay on Ch 7 sports tonight,
    probably replay it again at 1100, lasted about 1 second !

Cheers

LGA777

I think there may have been a lot of non-game related military jets around yesterday, maybe in part to protect arriving dignitaries and for the memorial services. During the day I spotted a small jet around FL200 moving very quickly from a distance. And last night around 9pm I saw a weird bunch of 6 or 7 planes at high altitude with odd strobe lights and flying in a semi-formation, each at least a mile apart, but all flying on the same heading to the southeast.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9