Thread: Flying boat ldg in NY harbor tommorrow

Flying boat ldg in NY harbor tommorrow

For anyone whose interested the Dornier DO-24 3-eng flying boat is supposed to land in NY harbor near the Statue of Liberty around 10:30 am on Sat. the 27th. According to AVweb it's a reenactment of the flight of a 10-12 eng Dornier a/c that landed there back in the 30's.
    Airliner Photography is NOT a CRIME!!

That's wild! How long is it going to be here/where is it coming from?

I might be up for this, but I don't have the slightest idea of where to go...Staten Island? I wonder where Tom shot the Concorde ŕ la barge.
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

Staten Island probably wouldn't offer any good angles, if there are any to be had from land. The Brooklyn Promenade or Battery Park would be the best bets I think.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

How about Liberty State Park???

Well, did anyone go?
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9