Thread: Canon sensor cleaning

Canon sensor cleaning

Hey Guys,

I don't know if this is the right forum, if not my apologies. Well, friend of mine has Canon DSLR, his factory warranty just expired but he has extended warranty. Do any of you guys know where he can send it for cleaning? And how much it would cost?

Thanks,
    Rafal
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Its basic economics, I don't understand it at all..." - Randy Marsh, South Park, CO

Hey Rafal, welcome. :)

My equipment is still under warrantee, so the Canon Service Center in Jamesburg, NJ (about an hour and a half away from NYC) did it for free.

I do know that Matthew Smith, though, recently had his out-of-warrantee 10D cleaned for free as well at the same facility. If you've had it cleaned before, they may charge you (I think you get your first one free or something), but otherwise it's at no cost to you.

The whole thing takes maybe 20-30 minutes.

There are places elsewhere that will clean Canon equipment, but they aren't certified to do Canon Digital (which is stupid). Always worth checking before you run all over the place, though...

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

Hey Brian,

Thanks for the quick answer. Thats exactly what I wanted to know.

Thanks a lot!
    Rafal
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Its basic economics, I don't understand it at all..." - Randy Marsh, South Park, CO

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    even though i'm a nikon guy i'll help you out. i took my camera to a place in the city called photo-tech. it's on 13th st in manhattan. they are a professional bunch, know what they're doing. they can repair any camera by any manuacturer. just be sure to check it before you leave the store once they finish. they left my mirror locked open, i wouldn't have found that out had i not checked, then gone all the way to LGA for nothing. it cost mr $40.00, a small price to pay....
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Yeah, but I called Photo-Tech before I went to Jamesburg and they told me that while they do Canon, they're not authorized to work on Canon Digital products.

So Photo-Tech won't work on your Canon DSLR.

However, people have told me otherwise, so it's definitely worth a shot to give them a call (1-212-673-8400). Even if they do do it, though, it's $40 in the city or free in Jamesburg, NJ. Your call.

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle