Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spotting AT JFK 1/15/07

Spotting AT JFK 1/15/07

I was just wondering if anyone would be out at JFK doing some spotting. So far the forecast is calling for rain, but I have the day off and I might go out there anyways. Every time I go spotting I hope to run into someone else out there, but it hasn't happened. OK, take care.

The weather forecast is basically ruling out any chance of me doing any spotting this weekend; even if it's not raining at any given point in time, it looks like there's still going to be an overcast sky.

I'm just going to wait for the next nice weekend (with sun & non-hypothermia-inducing temperatures).
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

Quote Originally Posted by pgengler
    I'm just going to wait for the next nice weekend (with sun & non-hypothermia-inducing temperatures).
    Hey, Phil, what's a little frostbite compared to getting perfect light?

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Quote Originally Posted by pgengler
    Hey, Phil, what's a little frostbite compared to getting perfect light?
    I happen to like my fingers and toes!
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

Most of us work during the week so the weekends are when the majority of the locals are out. Monday is looking like a bad day, unless you just want to watch them come in I wouldn't get your hopes up to get any decent pictures.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Well right now an ice storm is moving though OK and coming this way so the weekend is not looking good. I would monitor the wx and go from there as Monday is concerned.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

snow and ice brig it on just as long as I am at LGA at 0600 Wed. I dont care
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Most of us work during the week so the weekends are when the majority of the locals are out.
    Are you working Monday Tommy? It's a federal holiday.

I was planning to go on Monday as I have the day off from school but the wx is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellyrose
    It's a federal holiday.
    What's a holiday? We publish 364 days a year, I get 6 paid holidays a year. The news is a serious business :D

Quote Originally Posted by Mellyrose
    Most of us work during the week so the weekends are when the majority of the locals are out.
    Are you working Monday Tommy? It's a federal holiday.
    Yes I am, oh joy. All of my Friends who work for large companies are working as well. In general most of us spot on the weekends though in general.

..and let's not forget those of us IN aviation. There is no such thing as a holiday. I will be flying to STL & working in SUS the balance of the day Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    ..and let's not forget those of us IN aviation. There is no such thing as a holiday.
    You're tellin' me. Phil worked Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Years Day! :(

All of my Friends who work for large companies are working as well.
    I work for a large company and I'm off! This is actually the first year they've celebrated Martin Luther King Day...I got there just in time. Too bad the weather is ****e. :(
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I still had some hope that the weather would turn around and we would get a semi-warm beautiful winters day for tommorow but I guess all chances are nill.

I was especially looking forward to tommorow since it would have been the first time my mom took me spotting but she gave me a rain check for some other time. No pun intended ;)