Thread: LGA: Death Threat Forces Return To Gate

LGA: Death Threat Forces Return To Gate

I heard a little about this yesterday but didn't follow up and forgot about it. :idea:

From the Portland (Maine) Press Herald:
    Portland-bound jet delayed over threat
    Tammy Budek's plane was headed to the runway at New York's LaGuardia Airport Sunday afternoon when a man seated nearby passed her a note that brought her to tears.

"He said he had AIDS, and the shedding of his blood and all our blood would cure all sickness," Budek said. She said the note suggested "he was Jesus and it was time for everybody to die."

CBS/AP:
    Passenger's Note About 'Blood' Delays Flight
    (CBS/AP) PORTLAND, Maine A New York-to-Portland flight carrying former Maine Gov. Angus King was delayed for more than two hours on Christmas Eve after a passenger passed along a note about blood and death.

The man, whose name was not released, gave the note to another passenger, Tammy Budek, who gave it to a flight attendant as the plane rolled toward the runway at New York's LaGuardia Airport.
    Summary (if you don't feel like clicking): Man was taken to a hospital and the cops don't expect to charge him with a crime. They didn't say why not. The plane was a Chautauqua E145.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

He will be looked at for federal charges but if he is an Emotionally Disturbed Person it probably won't go anywhere. He is from Brussels traveling to his brother's house after roaming around for a few days.

He is now a guest of the City of New York and should be there for at least 72 hours.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan