Page 147 of 221 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Thanks for the heads up Fred. Later arrival helped with light!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    Does anyone know if the Jap Zero arrived at the AAM yet? Lots of action today that I could not talk about...sorry

the Zero should be on the ground for 2 hours only and the AAM is not open today.

Thanks for the heads up Fred, Unfortunately at the time of your call i was shooting a kindergarden class. oh well.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

The Texas Flying Legends Museum brought four war birds to the Airpower Museum today. It was a private event, so we weren't able to publicize it beforehand, but some members of the public did find their way inside while the aircraft were on the ramp.

Yes, it is a real Zero, not a modified T-6.

From Republic today, thanks for the info Fred...

Isaac

Cool shots, great opportunity.

I almost rode by the airport today but said, "Nah it's Wednesday, what could be going on." Oh well.
    Last edited by fk6065; 2011-10-05 at 08:54 PM.
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Private Event......for who?

What, does the AAM not have enough Warbirds of their own that they had to fly in more from another group???

I wish they would have brought these guys in for Labor Day weekend, and they would have got 15 bucks from me. I would kill to finally get to see a real zero up close.

Missed them leave by no more than 5 minutes. Was just going on break, heard them outside, unfortunately, it was the Corsair which was the last to depart. Very disappointed.

They were operating out of Maine for the summer, flying to air shows in the Northeast. They were heading home to Texas, this was likely a convenient fuel stop anyway, so they dropped in for a private event.

whats the connection with the P-51 and Long Island. I saw Dakota Kid II on the side and what also looked like Long Island Kid.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    They were operating out of Maine for the summer, flying to air shows in the Northeast.
    Aint Long Island in the Northeast?

Quote Originally Posted by puckstopper55 View Post
    whats the connection with the P-51 and Long Island. I saw Dakota Kid II on the side and what also looked like Long Island Kid.
    The markings represent a P-51 flown in Europe by Lt. (later Capt.) Noble Peterson, of New England, North Dakota. His crew chief for the aircraft was Long Island native Robert Coleman. Mr. Coleman was among those in attendance Wednesday.

Great information! Thanks

It's hockey season! Miami Air 734 departing with the Florida Panthers, following Saturday night's game against the Islanders. Around 5pm, a Delta A319 arrived with the Minnesota Wild for Monday afternoon's game. It's parked at Atlantic, and should go out after the game.

Last edited by moose135; 2011-10-10 at 12:07 AM.

And I met a few more friends tonight
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Wow, they loaded that 737 super tail heavy... Look at the MAC trim setting.... Bet she floated off the runway
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"