Thread: Check-in time at LGA

Check-in time at LGA

I'll fly on 3rd with Spirit from LGA to FLL for a day trip( I'll take only hand luggage with me). In the booking confirmation they note that the minimum check in time for the flight is 3 hours before departure. The planned departure is 6.40am (!!) What do you mean: is it necessary that I have to be at LGA 3.40am???? its a crazy time, ok I can make party and go than to the airport :D Whats your experience?? If its ok I would arrive about 4.30am for example. Here in europe it is ok to arrive aprox 1,5hours before departure, or 1 hour when you have only hand luggage but how is it in states?

may be anybody could advise me.

thanx

Mel and I flew on that very flight, and If you show up at 5am you'll be more than fine I think.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Thanx phil for your quick response!!

640AM flight with only carry-on luggage? 3 hours is insane! I doubt there'd even be anyone working there at 330AM!

Most airlines, when flying domestically, want you checked-in with baggage 45 minutes prior to departure and with only carry-on, 30 minutes prior to departure. That means checked-in though, not at the airport.

Since it's an early flight, and if you have an e-ticket, I'd get there around 545AM just to be safe, since lines can be long in the early morning.

LGA isn't all that bad. l fly in and out of their all the time, an hour 30 is more then enough time.

even 40 minutes if you use the kiosk is okay j
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

I flew Spirit out of LGA back in August, a few weeks after the announcement of the "liquid explosives" plot, back when everyone was cautioning that you should give at least 2-3 hours ahead of the flight. So, we ended up sitting around Terminal B in LGA for about those two hours; between checking in (using the kiosk) and security it was no more than 15 minutes, and our flight was later than yours.
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

Follow up question to the OP: So I'm tentatively flying AA from LGA-ORD-STL departing LGA around 6 PM. I can print my boarding pass online from the office and I'm only going with a rollaboard, so no checked luggage. What time should I be at LGA by? I'll also be coming from midtown Manhattan, what's the best way to get to LGA from there? Thanks for any answers!
    Check out my jetPhotos collection
    Check out my jetVideos collection