Thread: TSA Drops Plan to Allow Small Knives on Planes

TSA Drops Plan to Allow Small Knives on Planes

The Transportation Security Administration is abandoning a plan to allow passengers to carry small knives, souvenir bats, golf clubs and other sports equipment onto planes in the face of fierce congressional and industry opposition, the head of the agency said Wednesday.

By scuttling the plan to drop the knives and sports equipment from TSA's list of prohibited items, the agency can focus its attention on other priorities, including expanding its Pre-Check program to identify ahead of time travelers who don't pose a security risk, TSA Administrator John Pistole told The Associated Press.
    Full Story: http://seattletimes.com/html/politic...sonplanes.html

So, I can't carry my 2" Swiss Army pocketknife on an airplane, but I can bring a 7" screwdriver...

I always put my Swiss Army knife in a checked bag. Won't do me much good there though when the maniac with the screwdriver starts lunging at people

I can still bring my ice skates and go all Happy Gilmore on someone if need be, gotta love the Taking Scissors Away club...

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Knew this would happen. Mark you have my knife!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    Fear wins again! Sad, though not surprising, to see that we can't actually look at what the real threats are and protect against them instead of wasting our security resources chasing people with corkscrews.
    Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]