Thread: JFK ground screws up

JFK ground screws up

Can the magic of flight ever be carried by words? I think not.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We all know that UFOs are real. All we need to ask is where do they come from.

Re: JFK ground screws up

Quote Originally Posted by Andriy
    Wow, that is some stress right there
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Love it.

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

There's more than a little local flavor in there, very enlightening about the workload...And did I detect an issue with the length of the Iberia A340-600??

The A346 is not allowed on certain taxiways due to its size, but it's usually not that big of an issue unless it's clogged up out there like in that clip.

At first I just thought the hawker was causing trouble but cutting inline, but obviously it was much more than that.

Best phrase from the whole clip (just after the 10 -minute mark):

"And you're where and doin what, short of who?"
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I believe the A346 is class V, same class as the 747. Or is it just something special at JFK?
    nwa FOREVER!

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    the A346 had a longer wheelbase than the 747, and certain turns it can't make because of that. at least that's the way it was explained to me...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Re: JFK ground screws up

Quote Originally Posted by Andriy
    Good 'ol Arnie. He's a well known JFK controller in the LiveATC community, and always entertaining to listen to. You can find many more clips of him on the LiveATC.net forums.

Sure makes for interesting listening!
    Jason
    CFI/CFII
    Part 135 Dispatch

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    the A346 had a longer wheelbase than the 747, and certain turns it can't make because of that. at least that's the way it was explained to me...
    That and the fact that that toad for as long as it is dones not have body gear steering like a 744 for example.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Theres another clip of this guy I have on my laptop someplace of this controller with an Iberia A-340-600 as well where the controller snapped on the toad jet and he ended up going onto a taxiway that the type was not supposed to be on than the guy completely botched his readback and danced around the fact he did it so the controller told him to stop till a port truck got out ot lead him to where he needed to be.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    Theres another clip of this guy I have on my laptop someplace of this controller with an Iberia A-340-600 as well where the controller snapped on the toad jet and he ended up going onto a taxiway that the type was not supposed to be on than the guy completely botched his readback and danced around the fact he did it so the controller told him to stop till a port truck got out ot lead him to where he needed to be.
    Dear Ryan,

. , . ,

Signed,
    Grammar
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

Quote Originally Posted by Futterman
    Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    Dear Ryan,

. , . ,

Signed,
    Grammar
    POST. OF. THE. YEAR.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].