Thread: EPIC!!!

EPIC!!!

Every now and then we need a hero, Watching TV, I looked over to the side of me and see this! I walk to my camera bag and grab two flashes and my low light lens.... dial it all in and step in front of the TV when my son smiles... No Jack, this is serious business and it needs a serious look!

He is still wearing his hero outfit!
    I did not ask him why his ammo belt was not filled with NERF rounds, Nor did I ask where his brother is. It is quiet, too quiet.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    your stories about your kids worry me sometimes...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Not as much as the Dodgers hat? LOL
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas View Post
    your stories about your kids worry me sometimes...

My little Jackie Boy is the wild one of the two. The first time I touched his hand I immediately understood that Jack was opposite his brother Nick.

It was very early in his life when I realized that he had such Passion for guy things. Anything that is Big, Noisy, Smoking or Spitting fire is good

He is a man of many faces

Don't Get Me Wrong... Jack Love to Party with the best of them

But he is also a people person and everyone becomes his friend in very short time

He does have many loves. One is Aviation

He got to go in a Cessna and dreams of flying again

He once asked me what it was like to be behind a running airplane... We very quickly walked behind the running aircraft Memphis Bell the Movie (he was in my arms) and he was absolutely thrilled... Me not so much as I had to buff about 2 1/2 gallons of oil from the engines into my Canon Rebel XT!

This leads me to his real love

Yep he is a guy!

For months Jack was making guns out of his big Lego building blocks. He would come out with handguns and I would compliment him on the nice revolver and get quickly corrected "Dad?!?!? That is a Desert Eagle!". It quickly turned into rifle's and full auto assault weapons. Christmas 2 years ago I wrapped a mono-scope I purchased and enclosed a roll of duct tape. My wife was very puzzled and wanted an explanation... but never got it!. I told her it was something only a father and son could understand. Lots of expensive gifts with Xbox and Bikes, he opened it and with half of his presents still unopened... His eyes bulged WIDE OPEN, STARTED SCREAMING and FLEW into his room..... My wife looked at me in disbelief... Once again..."Honey, It is between a father and his son" as he re-entered the room with the Monoscope duct taped to a Long Range Sniper Rifle with a tripod stand made out of Lego's. That is when I realized that later in life we would have LOTS OF FUN! My wife was NOT HAPPY!

Every time he brings out a different modded gun I smile, Here he is when I told him we were going to have a Nerf Shootout...(taped a flashlight to it!)

He does practice good gun saftey, the only time he will let the barrel anywhere near you is if he is going to shoot a round at you...Here I asked him to point it at the camera...because he is not pulling the trigger, he would not point it right at the camera with me behind it....

Don't Get me Wrong, He still loves to dream

and like any other kid has a sweet tooth

He does like sports

and he likes Pool

But Most of all he LOVES

TOMCATS!!!!
    Last edited by Derf; 2011-06-12 at 10:11 PM.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Program Coordinator
    nice Fred :-)

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Lol I remember a day on the ramp with you, Nick and Jack. We were talking about planes when Jack taps me and tells me Nick screams like a girl. He then proceeds to wind up and Nick in the leg, making him scream like a girl lol. You yelled at Jack only about his kicking technique lol.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

First rule of fight club???

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Oh yes, I forgot. Sorry man. So, how was that burger last night lol?
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

I was cooking the sauteing the onions for like 20 minutes in butter, toasted the bun and had mayo, ketchup, slice of American cheese and the burger was fresh with just a little pink in the middle. To say it was good is a HUGE understatement. The only letdown is that I ate it alone and only made one. That was probably the best burger I ever had.