Thread: Radio Ads for Qatar Airways?

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Radio Ads for Qatar Airways?

Anyone herard them on CBS radio?

Never knew I was mispronoucing "QATAR" for years...(no thanks to my 6th grade social studies teacher)

sounds like..."Cat-Are"

cute commercial in how it pokes fun at its own name.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    The "Q" sound is one that doesn't exist in English - think "K" but said from deep in the throat. Whereas you say "K" with the back of the tongue, the Arabic "Q" is formed by closing the epiglottis. The Voice of America pronunciation guide at http://names.voa.gov/ is a great resource for all sorts of foreign names.

They've been running radio ads in Washington, too, in advance of Dulles service starting on July 19. I've only heard them on the news station (our equivalent of WINS), and they all tout the 3-class luxury service and the connections to the Subcontinent and other destinations not easily reached (Seychelles, Rangoon, etc..).

MAteo, I think the prnounciation question has to do with the accent ont he word. Most of us already know the the Q is Qatar sounds like a K, but most of us have been pronouncing it "kuh-tar" as opposed to "kat-tar".

I just saw an ad for them on TV actually.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Speaking of spelling and sounding Phil I noticed as I get better you are getting worse though my writing is still doctor like (sorry Mario)
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    Speaking of spelling and sounding Phil I noticed as I get better you are getting worse though my writing is still doctor like (sorry Mario)

Whoa, OK, I sense a challenge. Spelling (not a typing) Bee. Winner takes the other's camera equipment.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq

Whoa, OK, I sense a challenge. Spelling (not a typing) Bee. Winner takes the other's camera equipment.
    ]

Wow this sounds like some fun in the making.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"