Page 119 of 221 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    Yeah, like maybe a Prowler or Growler too possibly ???
    Sweet.
    Drove past Atlantic around 11:30 and many of the Islanders were milling around outside their little "Terminal" there waiting to board their flight to Toronto.

They were supposed to send a Growler a year or two ago, but it was a rainy day, and they cancelled. Don't want to get those nice little airplanes wet, now, do we?
    Phantom II - The World's Largest Distributor of MiG Parts!

Family Day isnt until Nov 13th. I dont think the E-2 is specifically for that. I know every few years they will bring in an E-2 to allowe the newer employees to see (and even walk in/around) the plane to see what they work on.

Since hearing the news that Grumman Family Day is not actually until Nov. 13th,
    does anyone have any new info on whether the E-2 will still be arriving on Friday??

E2 is supposed to be there by 10AM Friday from the news I have.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Thanks for the update Fred looking forward to it.
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

A little birdie just told me that an E-2D will be doing a fly over today at 10am. Not sure of the exact location of the fly over, but there is only 1 place for it to land and hang out.

I heard the Hawkeye just did a touch-n-go but not sure if it ever landed??
    BTW, do you know if it will still be back on Friday again ??
    Last edited by Chris S; 2010-10-21 at 10:39 AM.

I had been told it did 5 touch and goes...I have not had any news on friday....if it was off I would have had a call but as always.... anything is possible. Friday 10AM arrival planned
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

the flyover was for the Grumman folks out in Bethpage. Even on the roof they had trouble spotting the plane. Hopefully it comes back tomorrow.

any word on the E2 for today?

nobody seemed to know about it coming in today...I think they had the dates wrong and it was yesterday only. sorry...I am very sorry to have missed it as it would have been easy to be there for me yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    nobody seemed to know about it coming in today...I think they had the dates wrong and it was yesterday only. sorry...I am very sorry to have missed it as it would have been easy to be there for me yesterday
    Usually for stuff like that I get a heads up, and I haven't heard anything about the E-2 for today
    Last edited by puckstopper55; 2010-11-08 at 11:16 AM.

It ain't no E-2 but it was not bad

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    Better than nothing!
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)