Thread: River Visual at LGA Today

River Visual at LGA Today

[MODERATOR NOTE: This thread has been split from another topic, and the threat title created by the moderator. Please keep in mind that runway usage and side-conversation is not permitted in airport "delay report" threads.]

One of the few times this year we are landing 13 at LGA.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

Re: Daily LGA Report

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    One of the few times this year we are landing 13 at LGA.
    I was wondering if they were using the River Visual...I can see them flying past my window...

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

Delta colors with the bent wing treatment is here pushing out at the minute, steelers 319 was here and we were landing 13 again for about an hour and a half and just flipped it again. LGA has been busy busy busy today.
    Does the River Visual approach lower capacity? Why were they on that approach? It was pretty nice outside today, and it wasn't too windy (at least not in midtown)...

It can reduce the capacity into LGA particularly through the early mid evening rush in and out. To be honest I am not sure why we were in the configuation that we used for the most part today. I was pretty out of it all day long. When I left we had just turned the boat to 22 arrivals and 13 departues which is the most efficent configuation for us at LGA.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Re: River Visual at LGA Today

Rwy 13 arrivals looks great from inside the terminal. Was great to see today.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

> Please keep in mind that runway usage and side-conversation is not permitted in airport "delay report" threads<

?????

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    > Please keep in mind that runway usage and side-conversation is not permitted in airport "delay report" threads<

?????
    This thread was split from the LGA Daily Report thread. Runway usage discussion does not belong there, as stated in the recent news updates.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

>This thread was split from the LGA Daily Report thread. Runway usage discussion does not belong there, as stated in the recent news updates<

Ak ok. I didnt fully comprehend. I thought there was another reason about runway usage threads.
    Ya know Homeland security and all. :D

I can't remember the last time I saw Runway 13 being used!
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

We use it maybe a handful of times a year for extended periods. Sometimes we will use it for a special occasion like a no flaps landing emergency etc. It is a fun approach to watch as well as fly. I have been onboard a ERJ 145 for it during a weird afternoons of thunderstorms .

Quote Originally Posted by JetBlueAirwaysFan
    I can't remember the last time I saw Runway 13 being used!
    I saw the ILS DME 13 approach (!) being used about 3 months ago.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

We use it maybe a handful of times a year for extended periods. Sometimes we will use it for a special occasion like a no flaps landing emergency etc. It is a fun approach to watch as well as fly. I have been onboard a ERJ 145 for it during a weird afternoons of thunderstorms .
    When I was in college, we used to see planes fly over Morningside Park (at 120th St in Manhattan) when the River Visual was in use. They fly over the park at less than 1000 feet AGL. It might make a good spotting location if we ever got the right winds when 4/22 was closed...