Thread: Spotters to report on terrorism

Spotters to report on terrorism

Police have enlisted the help of plane spotters to safeguard Bristol Airport from criminal and terrorist activity.
    Under the new Airport Watch Scheme, police are hoping to harness aircraft enthusiasts' expert knowledge and enthusiasm to add to airport security.

Insp Chris Ware said the spotters would not be used to replace airport security teams or police.

A meeting was held at the airport on Saturday where police briefed enthusiasts on what to look out for.

Mr Ware, who is in charge of the airport's police team, said: "There are many members of the public who regularly watch the activities at the airport from vantage points like Cooks Bridle Path.

"We have regular contact with many of them and are looking to harness their knowledge, expertise and enthusiasm so they can be our extra eyes and ears around the airport."

He said enthusiasts have been told what action they should take in response should they spot suspicious activity.

"Provided the public watch activity at the airport in a legal and safe way, it can only be to everyone's advantage to work together through the Airport Watch scheme," he said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/6491261.stm
    See:
    My photos at Jetphotos.net
    Joop Stroes @ Jetphotos
    My photos at Airliners.net
    Joop Stroes @ Airliners.net

Now if only this could migrate around the US it would be great. This is the start of a revolution!!
    "lol retart"

Great! Now, unfortunately the US is still too afraid to realize that we are valuable tools in the war on terrorism...
    nwa FOREVER!

We are the best FREE security they could have around the airport. WE would be the first to call and report something suspicious rather than having someone call the police on those suspicious guys with cameras hanging out around the airport!

Too bad the US airports think we are the terrorists. :roll:

Phil, you should send this to PANYNJ.

Some of us know better.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Actually some have but then the lawyers get involved...
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Using Plane Spotters

I contacted the NYNJ Port Authority about the idea of using spotters to report suspicious activity years ago after 9-11. They were not impressed. They refused my request flatly and refused to consider the matter.

But maybe if someone emails or mails this to them, or talks to them about this they will be more open to actually look at the subject
    nwa FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by nwafan20
    But maybe if someone emails or mails this to them, or talks to them about this they will be more open to actually look at the subject
    ... :roll:
    Ronald Reagan