Thread: Delta adds LGA-Bermuda

Delta adds LGA-Bermuda

Well it looks like Delta couldn't squeeze this one into JFK. Delta is adding LGA-Bermuda beginning on April 5th with one daily non-stop.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070918/delta_ne ... .html?.v=1

Re: Delta adds LGA-Bermuda

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Well it looks like Delta couldn't squeeze this one into JFK. Delta is adding LGA-Bermuda beginning on April 5th with one daily non-stop.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070918/delta_ne ... .html?.v=1
    Our airports are really beginning to look like they have pre-911 volume again, which is a problem...just to state the obvious. LGA cannot be allowed to get to that point again. It was bordering on a safety issue.

Actually, JFK did have some slack, but even JFK looks to be approaching reasonable capacity outside the late afternoon/evening rush. Amazing how quickly jetBlue, Delta and to an extent AA have been able to choke things up.

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

DL ran LGA-BDA all summer with a 738. I guess they dropped it seasonally and will restart again in April. Was a very profiitable route for US back in the day, was a 727-200 and a 757 one summer in the 90's.

Cheers

LGA777

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Quote Originally Posted by LGA777
    DL ran LGA-BDA all summer with a 738. I guess they dropped it seasonally and will restart again in April. Was a very profiitable route for US back in the day, was a 727-200 and a 757 one summer in the 90's.

Cheers

LGA777

why can't we run that today?
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

My , how things have changed in 5yrs ... I didnt know US dropped that :oops:

They are getting as many flights as they can in before JFK is slot controlled and existing flights are grandfathered in.