Page 183 of 221 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

FYI - the Golf Channel IS replaying it's broadcast from this afternoon right now,
    so set your DVRs to record between 12:00AM - 12:30 tonight because you should be
    able to see the cool video the Blimp took of the E-2 taking off over FRG at around 12:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    FYI - the Golf Channel IS replaying it's broadcast from this afternoon right now,
    so set your DVRs to record between 12:00AM - 12:30 tonight because you should be
    able to see the cool video the Blimp took of the E-2 taking off over FRG at around 12:10.
    DUDE!!!!! Good heads up. Did a manual DVR and just watched it. GREAT shot by the blimp crew and it even had wheels up!!! Nice!!

Was over by the Sheltair lot this afternoon as the stormy weather made a beeline straight at us. The tarmac was busy with aircraft loading up to head out. Looked like it was Barclays related also. Around 1:55 a number of jets wanted to get out before the rain hit, but it was too late. In fact one jet was inbound just as the rain came down and switched from 19 to 14 but looked like he was too high over the numbers of 14 so he decided to go around. A second jet on 19 did the same. There were 5 aircraft waiting to depart, idling in different locations, when around 2:15 Tower began to give clearances to them, slowly.

That second shot of the blimp looks like it has a back-pack blower or two connected to some hoses for cabin air .. anyway, amazing shots!

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by puckstopper55 View Post
    That second shot of the blimp looks like it has a back-pack blower or two connected to some hoses for cabin air .. anyway, amazing shots!
    Thanks!

I was thinking the same thing about the blower,lol.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Great pics Fighting_FALCON_51, i saw an E-2 departing KISP on wednesday it was a nice site i had a great view but no camera on hand lol

The last of the "toys" that were part of the 56th Fighter Group. Awaiting transportation to a new home. :(

56th FG army truck by lijk604, on Flickr

Amazing Hawkeye photos!

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    Thanks!
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

A Navy Sabreliner T-39 came in this afternoon and is over by Sheltair. Looks like it might be here for a few day(s). Wanted to land 14 but that was closed so they came in 19. What was going on with 14? Maintenance?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    What was going on with 14? Maintenance?
    At some point they were going to install EMAS and new lights on the approach end near Rt. 110 - is it related to that?

I know this probably isn't the right place to post this but this plane looked like it was coming from FRG's direction. At 6:30pm tonight a very large completely dark military grey plane with 4 engines passed over my location on woodbury rd. in hicksville headed NW direction towards JFK or which ever airport uses that normal route all day. Did anyone get a look at it, im thinking a C5?

Likely a C-5 or C-17 for Air Force's visit tomorrow.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerSport View Post
    I know this probably isn't the right place to post this but this plane looked like it was coming from FRG's direction. At 6:30pm tonight a very large completely dark military grey plane with 4 engines passed over my location on woodbury rd. in hicksville headed NW direction towards JFK or which ever airport uses that normal route all day. Did anyone get a look at it, im thinking a C5?
    I'm guessing a C-17 in advance of the President's visit.
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram