Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Andrews AFB 5/14-5/16

Andrews AFB 5/14-5/16

I'm heading down to the Andrews AFB open house this weekend. Just like the McGuire shows, admission is free all weekend. The lineup looks great with the Blue Angels rounding out the show each day. I will be heading down with at least one of my friends. We will be leaving Friday after work (probably leaving around 6:30 to avoid some of the traffic) and getting to the base area late, and staying for both Saturday and Sunday shows. Is anyone else interested?
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

NLovis

Re: Andrews AFB 5/14-5/16

Very interested in attending. Problem is I work sunday. I could make the sat show but I would have to get right back that same day.

Yay, washington here i come.

NLovis- It's a 4.5 hour drive from northern NJ...just for your reference.
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

NLovis

Yea I figured it wouls be a drive. Prob wont happen anyways.

From where I live (Exit 4 on the NJ Turnpike) it's about a 2.5 hour drive - again, depending on traffic. When I go down, I usually leave home around 4-4:30 in the morning and get down there by seven. The drive home (whether it was a Saturday or Sunday) had always taken at least four hours because of traffic on I-95 from Baltimore all the way to the Twin Bridges.

The tolls nowadays to drive to DC are OUTRAGEOUS. I don't know if there's discounts for EZ-Pass but you've got the tolls for the Turnpike (or just take I-295, which parallels it from Trenton southwards and is FREE), the $3 on the Twin Bridges, $4 for that short part of I-95 in Delaware, and the $2 for the Ft. McHenry Tunnel. The drive home... you have the $2 tunnel, a $5 toll for that bridge that spans the Susquehanna, the $4 Delaware I-95 toll, and of course the Turnpike.

Damn!!! I wish I can make it
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Holzinger
    From where I live (Exit 4 on the NJ Turnpike) it's about a 2.5 hour drive - again, depending on traffic. When I go down, I usually leave home around 4-4:30 in the morning and get down there by seven. The drive home (whether it was a Saturday or Sunday) had always taken at least four hours because of traffic on I-95 from Baltimore all the way to the Twin Bridges.

The tolls nowadays to drive to DC are OUTRAGEOUS. I don't know if there's discounts for EZ-Pass but you've got the tolls for the Turnpike (or just take I-295, which parallels it from Trenton southwards and is FREE), the $3 on the Twin Bridges, $4 for that short part of I-95 in Delaware, and the $2 for the Ft. McHenry Tunnel. The drive home... you have the $2 tunnel, a $5 toll for that bridge that spans the Susquehanna, the $4 Delaware I-95 toll, and of course the Turnpike.
    To me, anything less than the Holland tunnel toll is a bargain!

Anyway I will be in Andrews AFB for the show, hotels booked and lens rented. Hopefully it won't be a sizzling weekend!

By the way, There will be a demo of F-16 after all. I still hope for the B2 but oh well.

I'll be there Friday morning ! Im planning maybe little spotting around DCA or AFB
    Saturday should be around 7:00am on Branch Avenue Metro station... hope to find parking spot....
    Living The Dream...

Re: Andrews AFB 5/14-5/16 (Review)

OK guys, I made it down there Friday night and went to the show on Saturday, weather was perfect for the most part. There was a constant nice breeze throughout the day and humidity was not a factor at all. I tried to meet up with Mike (threeholerglory) but he arrived on Saturday along with few other fellow photogs from NYCA so the timing wasn't right. Next time guys!

Heritage Flight

F-22 Raptor Closeup

C-17 Globemaster III

Short field takeoff

B-17 Memphis Belle

Boeing C-40C (USAF version of 737-700)

F-16

Blue Angels!

I love how you framed that shot with the Memphis Belle. I also loved the pictures of the Blue Angels that you took. Not that the rest of the pics are chopped liver.

Awesome pictures!
    My website is at:
    http://www.iloveplanes.com/

Great stuff!! Post more pics!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

The lighting at Andrews is backlit and its tuff to shoot in the morning but after lunch it greatly improves

Bill

AWESOME shots guys. Question, was the Boeing C40C open to walk thru or exterior only? I was very fortunate at the Airliners International convention in 2006 that our Andrews tour included interior access to a C-32 (757) which was a great experience.

Cheers

LGA777

3 from me... Im in the middle of processing... 5000 pictures need to be processed, hope to be done no later then Wednesday :)

Living The Dream...