Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AFR A380 returned to JFK?

AFR A380 returned to JFK?

Just saw this on the trackers.
    Does anyone know why the AFR A380 returned?

Re: AFR A380 returned to JFK?

AF380V is not a normal flight number. The regular JFK-CDG A380 is Flight 007, which appears to have been canceled Sunday night. I'd guess there was a mechanical problem and they were attempting to ferry her to CDG, and along the way something made them decide it wasn't safe to cross the ocean.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Air France A380 again broken at JFK

http://www.avherald.com/h?article=427ab508&opt=1

Let's just get a big claw machine and take care of this pup old yeller of airplanes style. :twisted: Plastic sippy cups and beer cans for all! :lol: This has got to be getting embarresing for Airbus and VERY frustrating for Air France of all carriers.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Re: Air France A380 again broken at JFK

Fuel systems on the whale jet seem to be an issue - the Quantas aircraft I seem to remember had a lot of fuel pump issues when they first started operations - I seem to remember someone here saying that at the time, both QF A380's were in LAX. Seems to me there is a bit of work required from Airbus on this.....
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Re: Air France A380 again broken at JFK

Disreguard, threads now combined, thanks Mods!

Just spoke to a contact who is in the know. When the A-380 returned in the middle of the night (ferry flight) Terminal 1 was closed and their was no one to work it. Supposivly an Air France JFK manager was called at home and arrangement where made to park it at T-4 which was manned and the crew could clear customs. Then this morning was towed over to T-1 where it currently remote parked. No word on when it will return to service

Cheers

LGA777

NLovis

Yea it was sitting at T1 all day long. Typical Airbus a/c not shocked. Do believe it flew out as I was dringing home though. If I was Quantas, Eimrates and AF I would drop those heaps and pick up some 747-8's. Much better plane.

Quote Originally Posted by NLovis
    Yea it was sitting at T1 all day long. Typical Airbus a/c not shocked. Do believe it flew out as I was dringing home though. If I was Quantas, Eimrates and AF I would drop those heaps and pick up some 747-8's. Much better plane.
    Right, because the 748i has actually flown and is in commercial service? You cannot really make that judgment before the aircraft has even made its first flight. Who says the 748i will not have the same problems the A380 has? Yes the A380 has had some technical difficulties but so has every other aircraft.

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600
    Right, because the 748i has actually flown and is in commercial service? You cannot really make that judgment before the aircraft has even made its first flight. Who says the 748i will not have the same problems the A380 has? Yes the A380 has had some technical difficulties but so has every other aircraft.
    Remember the 747 has been in production for 40 years. Any kinks should be gone.

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Rats!
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

the 747 has been in production, but don't forget the 747-8 is a brand new airplane. it's on the same type certificate but it's not the same systems that were installed in a -100. there will be kinks. that said, what is happenning with the A380 is just downright embarrasing.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    the 747 has been in production, but don't forget the 747-8 is a brand new airplane. it's on the same type certificate but it's not the same systems that were installed in a -100. there will be kinks. that said, what is happenning with the A380 is just downright embarrasing.
    Yea i know its diff from a 100 but it is simmilar to a 400. Boeing also does a better job with their a/c then Airbus. Hey links for these trackers?

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Boeing also does a better job with their a/c then Airbus
    Proof?

Hey links for these trackers?
    Rats! You didn't say the magic word!
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

How do you assume that Boeing does a better job on airplanes than Airbus. Statisticly speaking they are pretty neck and neck. They have a completely diffrent way of doing things all around compared to Boeing. I don't like the fact that they are goverment subsidized generally but I do happen to really enjoy the Airbus 32S.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    How do you assume that Boeing does a better job on airplanes than Airbus. Statisticly speaking they are pretty neck and neck. They have a completely diffrent way of doing things all around compared to Boeing. I don't like the fact that they are goverment subsidized generally but I do happen to really enjoy the Airbus 32S.
    Look at Boeing's history and tell me that isnt enough proof. Thats why they are neck and neck. Because Airbus is gov subsidised they force the airlines over there to support Airbus and buy their a/c. That is the only reason they are so close.

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    Look at Boeing's history and tell me that isnt enough proof. Thats why they are neck and neck. Because Airbus is gov subsidised they force the airlines over there to support Airbus and buy their a/c. That is the only reason they are so close.
    Airlines wouldn't buy them if they broke down a lot or or had serious safety issues.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9